Old 05-31-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
wheat ridge , Colorado
Thumbs up Colorado Campground, Colorado

Greetings everyone! Spring has sprung, and we are ready to go on a lot of adventures this year!

Last week we stayed at Colorado Campground and had a wonderful trip! The campground is 6.8 miles north of Woodland Park, on Hwy. 67. Colorado Campground is a wide open campground full of mature ponderosa pines. The roads are paved, and the sites are covered in the usual Rocky Mountain mixture of dirt, rocks, and pine needles. It was a perfect mix for a rainy trip—no mud! There are some water spigots throughout the campground, but do not rely on them to fill your camper tank, due to the low flow and lack of a hose thread. Bring a water carrier.

I've posted the trip to our Glamping-Adventure website. Also, there are a LOT of beautiful pictures included in the post. Please take some time and check it out, share and like us on Facebook and Twitter.

Click here for the blog post ==> Colorado Campground, CO. Spring 2015

Happy travels everyone!

Check out our Glamping-Adventures blog. We post about camping in Colorado, and the surrounding states.
Two Chicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
wheat ridge , Colorado
Here is a picture of the wide open campground. It was practically empty due to the weather.

This is a picture of the board walk at Manitou Lake.

Check out our Glamping-Adventures blog. We post about camping in Colorado, and the surrounding states.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:15 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
Longmont , Colorado
I always love your posts. Thanks for the great photos and all your wonderful information!
SunniStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
wheat ridge , Colorado
Thanks so much. We appreciate the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 06-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Thanks for both the beautiful photos, and the link to your website. I haven't read it all, but look forward to looking at all your beautiful photos and following your adventures. My wife and I are going on our (ok, my) first fly fishing lesson this next weekend in anticipation to using our new skills in fishing some of the fresh water mountain lakes we've seen. I am also looking forward to 'sliding' down some slopes myself. I can only aspire to someday come close to your form Safe travels
Richard
StrmyWeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:36 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
wheat ridge , Colorado
Ha! Thanks, Richard. You know, it's taken years to learn how to slide down on that snow pack. A bit of insulation on the backside helps!