Old 11-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member
2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Coach-Net - Benefits - Free Membership

When we purchased our new Airstream this year, I started researching roadside assistance plans. I was not aware that Airstream offers a FREE Coach-Net plan on all 2012 and newer model year trailers.

The Airstream website says the following:

Coach-Net Membership Plans: Airstream is proud to offer free 24/7 assistance on all 2012 and newer model year trailers provided by Coach-Net Membership Plans. This two-year service covers both your Airstream travel trailer and tow vehicle that is attached to the trailer. Not only does this service provide emergency roadside service should you have a breakdown, but Coach-Net Membership Plans also provide technical service for your Airstream after hours should you have any questions.

Now that I have my free membership, I thought it would be helpful to post the Coach-Net benefits that are included in the free plan. For some reason, the dealer didn't mention this free service so we weren't aware we even had it when the purchase was made. Although you are covered under this plan immediately, it takes about 3 months for Coach-Net to send you the membership card and details of plan. Meanwhile, if you're not fully aware of this benefit, you may even upgrade or purchase another roadside assistance plan unnecessarily (as we did). We still have AAA for our other vehicles, but it wasn't necessary for us to upgrade to the AAA RV plan.

If you are not a member and are looking at the Coach-Net website, they have three plans: Limited, Basic and Premiere plan. However, the plan you get for free is called "The Classic". I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, so I'm not sure how it's different, but it includes the following benefits (taken directly from my Coach-Net account):
  • Coverage: Covers member for your RV and a tow vehicle when towing covered RV.
  • RV Technical Assistance Hotline: The RV Technical Hotline is available to you 24/7. Our technicians can guide you through many common operational issues you might experience. Call the Roadside Assistance phone number on your member card to be connected to one of our technicians.
  • Unlimited Towing: No mileage or dollar amount limits – no out of pocket expense when towing your disabled vehicle to the nearest qualified repair facility.
  • Unlimited Tire Assistance: Changing of your vehicle's flat tire, delivery of a comparable tire for towing of your vehicle to a repair facility.
  • Delivery of Fuel and Emergency Fluids: Delivery of gasoline, oil, water, transmission fluid, power steering fluid and brake fluid to your disabled vehicle.
  • Unlimited Jump Starts: A battery boost for your vehicle's dead battery or a tow to a repair facility.
  • Unlimited Lockouts: Delivery of locksmith services to your vehicle and assistance in the opening of your locked vehicle, and/or obtaining a replacement key.
  • Unlimited Mobile Mechanic: Dispatching of a mechanic to the site of your mechanically disabled vehicle.
  • Unlimited Appointment Assistance: Locator service to obtain the first available appointment at the closest, qualified facility and provide directions, appointment time and facility contact. Call the number on the back of your membership card for more information.
  • Winching/Free A Stuck Vehicle: Winch out or extraction services required in order to tow the disabled vehicle. Covered up to 100 feet off of a maintained road or in a commercial campground equipped for camping vehicles.
  • Emergency Trip Interruption: Up to $2,000 reimbursement for automobile rental, food and lodging made necessary by the disablement of your RV due to a collision more than 100 miles from your home.
  • Trip Planning: Receive maps marked with the most scenic or most direct routing along with a travel checklist, travel discount information and free city and state maps.
  • Nationwide Tire Delivery Service: In the event of a flat tire and you don't have a spare, Coach-Net is ready 24/7 with a network of over 40,000 roadside assistance providers to render aid delivering a comparable tire or towing of your vehicle to a repair facility.
  • Caller Locator Technology: Need service but not sure of your exact location? No need to panic, Coach-Net has you covered. With permission, your location can easily be pinpointed utilizing the same technology that police and fire departments use.
  • U.S. Based Call Center: Our customer service representatives are dedicated to providing our members with the best possible customer service when they need it most.
I hope you find this information helpful.

Yolanda (and Phil)
2013 30' Classic Limited
2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Originally Posted by time2play View Post
Unlimited Towing: No mileage or dollar amount limits – no out of pocket expense when towing your disabled vehicle to the nearest qualified repair facility.
That's deceptive. Unlimited, but only to the nearest qualified repair facility. So for do-it-yourself repairmen and those who can't afford to get damage repaired right away, having it towed home instead of to a repair center might cost you. Before agreeing to the tow, ask where it will be towed, and if you want it towed elsewhere, ask how much that will cost.

WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I pick up my new AS in what, 2 days - I still upgraded my AAA for 30 bucks as well...

I wonder after the free 2 year period coach net costs for these benefits?

I do like the phone tech help for RV issues....but how useful are the folks on the other line? I imagine a call with them could be potentially more frustrating than benefitcial? any experience with these folks?

My coverage for AAA is across all US states and much of canada (so I was told) - are there areas coach net does not go for towing and these various benefits?

I would want my policy to make sure and allow me to tow where I need to tow and not just to some place they pre-determine as ok as well...I need to look again at my AAA but I think they can get me to 200 miles no questions and beyond that they need further approval which is often granted when explained...

But perhaps this company will be competitive cost wise with AAA, if so that is an option, Im guessing they cannot beat the AAA rate....
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama

Member Benefits Chart
"AAA Premier RV – Up to 200 driving miles on one service call per household per membership year for eligible automobiles, and up to 100 driving miles on the remaining service calls. AAA Premier RV also provides up to 100 driving miles on each service call for eligible RVs. The 200 driving mile tow provided by AAA Premier does not apply to RVs. "
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
According to the Coach-Net web site plans run from $69 to $139 for a year of coverage.
WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
Rivet Master
2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
The Coach-Net trip planning is far inferior to AAA. But, for free, how can you refuse it?

lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote