Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anniston , Alabama
Great Job

Sean & Kristy,

You two did a great job on the "RV 2009" show. You are both naturals in front of the camera. Wouldn't an RV show on the Travel Channel be great.....I can just see you two hosting it!!!! They need something new besides Poker and Haunted Places!!!!
happycamper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #42
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
You two did a great job on the RV show. Like others I would like to see you two host an RV travel show on one of the commercial "Educational" networks like the Travel Channel, HGTV, or Fine Living.

It would be great to see something other than an SOB as the RV of the host and I think you guys would be naturals.

Good luck and keep on enjoying your long, long honeymoon!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Thanks to all for your kind comments. They mean more than you realize.

To date, we have done most of this because we love camping (and I love filmmaking and blogging). Our chief reward has been positive energy, meeting people, and fresh experiences. So, we appreciate your encouragement.

We are hard core Airstreamers, and I was really pleased we got our Airstream "LIV" a little screen time on HGTV.

Some have asked why we were looking at 5th wheels, etc... Well, the straight truth is that no Airstreams were present at the PA show where "RV 2009" was filmed! We had no Airstreams to browse. We pretty much had to go wherever the TV guys told us to go. I wish Airstream, Inc. had sent a trailer over to PA, but that's water under the bridge.

We would love to have a Travel Channel show. I really think we could craft something unique, creative, and fun. One of my goals this year is to turn The Long Long Honeymoon into more of a business --in a good way! Once we get a little revenue going, we can finance a bigger and better show.

Cheers and happy camping to all!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #44
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Seems to me that Airstream could really pick up some sales if they sponsored an RV show that high lighted an Airstream. I used to watch the RV Road Show religiously and I always tune in for anything that has to do with RV's. I had planned to watch the '09 RV Show on HGTV before I knew Sean and Kristy were going to be on the show.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
Seems to me that Airstream could really pick up some sales if they sponsored an RV show that high lighted an Airstream. I used to watch the RV Road Show religiously and I always tune in for anything that has to do with RV's. I had planned to watch the '09 RV Show on HGTV before I knew Sean and Kristy were going to be on the show.
Excuse me Minnie's Mate.....do you care to elaborate on your post....The last sentence has me a little perplexed.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Michael View Post
Thanks to all for your kind comments. They mean more than you realize.

To date, we have done most of this because we love camping (and I love filmmaking and blogging). Our chief reward has been positive energy, meeting people, and fresh experiences. So, we appreciate your encouragement.

We are hard core Airstreamers, and I was really pleased we got our Airstream "LIV" a little screen time on HGTV.

Some have asked why we were looking at 5th wheels, etc... Well, the straight truth is that no Airstreams were present at the PA show where "RV 2009" was filmed! We had no Airstreams to browse. We pretty much had to go wherever the TV guys told us to go. I wish Airstream, Inc. had sent a trailer over to PA, but that's water under the bridge.

We would love to have a Travel Channel show. I really think we could craft something unique, creative, and fun. One of my goals this year is to turn The Long Long Honeymoon into more of a business --in a good way! Once we get a little revenue going, we can finance a bigger and better show.

Cheers and happy camping to all!
My husband wanted to know how come U guy's were shopping for 5th wheels. I told him you had to look at what the producers and directors wanted you to look at and there were NO Airstreams there TOO look at. You were just following the script or storyboard.

I was glad they gave your Airstream some face time at the beginning of the show.
I agree with you...not having control or a say over the editing would be un-nerving for me too. SO how do you think they did on the editing of your segment?
Great job U's 2's

Kani
Old 03-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #47
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
Excuse me Minnie's Mate.....do you care to elaborate on your post....The last sentence has me a little perplexed.
I don't know what is so perplexing. I like TV shows about RV's and RV'ing and think one hosted by Sean and Kristy would be great. I had seen the advertisement for the '09 RV show on HGTV a week or two before Sean's thread resurfaced so I had already planned to watch the show. I had not seen the thread when Sean started it about his blog when he originally started it so I wasn't following his blog. When the thread resurfaced I went to the blog and read that they would be on the show, that just added gravy to the show for me. I don't know what's so perplexing about that. Hope that sufficiently elaborates my post.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 03-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Yes thank you....The way I read it was like you were going to watch the RV show until you found out Sean and Christy were going to be on. Like you weren't going to watch it because they WERE going to be on.
I guess I need to have my medication adjusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
I don't know what is so perplexing. I like TV shows about RV's and RV'ing and think one hosted by Sean and Kristy would be great. I had seen the advertisement for the '09 RV show on HGTV a week or two before Sean's thread resurfaced so I had already planned to watch the show. I had not seen the thread when Sean started it about his blog when he originally started it so I wasn't following his blog. When the thread resurfaced I went to the blog and read that they would be on the show, that just added gravy to the show for me. I don't know what's so perplexing about that. Hope that sufficiently elaborates my post.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Minnie's Mate, I agree with you about doing a TV show. I'd LOVE to see an RV travel show in which we tote our Airstream throughout North America.

I think we could put our own creative twist on such a show. I'd like to see one that combines humor with substantive commentary...a show that's a lot of fun and also delivers substance.

Our unique positioning is that we might promote RVing to people who don't own RVs, or who are just testing the waters. Many of the RV shows I've seen have been tech heavy, and while that's great for RV owners, it's pretty much a turnoff to newcomers.

The problem at the moment is getting such a show financed. The RV industry is in the middle of a severe contraction. It's truly at the front lines of the economic downturn. I think in a more positive economic climate we'd already have our own cable show! (No joke.) So we will just keep doing what we do, and growing organically on the Internet.

With regard to Airstream itself, I think that paradoxically it may be poised for growth. Yes, Thor just posted its first quarterly loss in more than 17 years. yes, it's a brutal economic climate. But in times like these, the benefits of an Airstream (timeless design, durability, fuel efficiency, etc.) come to the fore.

Also, there are a lot of people out there who ask the question, "Do they still make those things?" We could answer the question definitively, and showcase the benefits of Airstream ownership to the world.

Kani, with regard to the HGTV show, I was certainly impressed with the quality of the editing (all of HGTV's shows are pretty slick). I was a little surprised at what was included and what was excluded. Of course this is true of any video project...some material always gets "left on the cutting room floor," and the editor ends up using a small fraction of what was actually shot. Hey, I do the same thing when I edit video, so I understand why it happens.

Thanks to all for your comments!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #50
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
Yes thank you....The way I read it was like you were going to watch the RV show until you found out Sean and Christy were going to be on. Like you weren't going to watch it because they WERE going to be on.
I guess I need to have my medication adjusted
Sorry for any confusion. I certainly didn't mean it like that. I found Sean's blog Saturday and probably watched 80% or more of the videos he has posted Saturday evening.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
I know what you mean Sean about cuts being left on the editing room floor.
Shoot way more than you think you will use. In this case It's impossible to go back and get pickup shots.

I think the program was edited well and you and your lovel bride were an asset to the project.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #52
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Just joined your facebook and am in the process of watching all your short episodes.. Im an airstream nut so i have been sending links all over to my friends.. I love what you did here and have become a big fan.. Keep it up.

Thanks Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Minnie's Mate, no worries, I did not take offense. Quite the contrary, I appreciate your encouragement.

Kani & Jack, you are too kind. Here's an interesting angle to consider. On the day of our shoot it was raining cats & dogs. When they shot some of the other couples, it was bright & sunny. If you see the show when they rerun it on HGTV, you will notice... we are toting umbrellas! I think that the host of the show must've worn the same outfit three days in a row to maintain continuity. I thought HGTV did a good job in making it all pretty seamless.

Thanks Vinnie! Yes, please spread the word. We are gearing up for some major Airstreaming this spring, with lots of additional videos and media appearances. We hope this year we'll really grow our Internet presence... We want to bring some good news and positive energy to people, as lately it seems to be in short supply...
Old 03-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #54
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Well you were an internet presence today as my repair shop was slow and about 8 of my mechanics were watching most of your video's.. probably cost me $300.00 dollars in lost wages lol! We really enjoy the topics and having the airstream as the centerpiece.. very fun. I think the highlight for the guys was at the end of each clip you hear the Ford Diesel with the signature extended crank and RAP! goes the engine. Very classic.. One of the guys wanted to make that his ring tone.. go figure.

Thanks again for letting us tag along with you guys..

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #55
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Vinnie, LOL on the truck ring tone! That is actually a great idea.

And I'm happy to hear your mechanics like our videos! That inspires me to create more.

In fact, we probably have more than a dozen videos (some of our earliest stuff) that aren't on our site at the moment... I will try to get 'em ALL on there.

Some exciting news... We got word today that "RV 2009" is the highest rated show on HGTV so far THIS YEAR! There's definitely a strong interest in RV TV content out there.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Hey Sean.. What camera are you shooting with? Are you using a Powerbook and a few Lacie externals along with Final cut Pro?
Old 03-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Kani & Jack, I have a few different cameras. My primary these days is a Sony EX1, but much of the blog has been shot with Canon HV20 and Sony HC3 (small consumer HD cameras). I like the small cameras because they are so portable and don't attract much attention. I edit on a Dell laptop with Sony Vegas Pro 8 software.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #58
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Hey Sean...next time you film me, can you use a camera that makes me look a little thinner???

Actually, when I saw myself on your youtube video, I knew I had to lose some weight...25lbs in 3 months! Thanks for exposing my chubbyness to me...and the world wide web!!! LOL

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Gene, congrats on your weight loss. I need to follow your example!

They say the camera adds 10 pounds. In my case, it adds at least 20...