Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #21
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Michael
However, none had the panache and quality of Airstream. Sure, in every campground there are some massive motorhomes and 5th wheels.
Used to travel with a band that moved around in a Prevost, then a Marathon. Sometimes between venues, we'd stop at a park - resort for a couple of days to unwind. Trouble is, we were severely limited as to where we could stay simply because of the size and difficulty. In most parks, we felt like we were intruding (& we behaved, too!). Got us around comfortably but wasn't "camping".

Guess in neighborhoods, we have McMansions... on the road, McBentleys... still don't add up to an Airstream - trailer or classic MoHo...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
I read an article a few months ago about apartment trends in New York City. The gist of the article: since space is at such a premium in cities like Manhattan (and Tokyo, Japan) some firms are growing savvy in maximizing the available space in an apartment. These consulting firms take small spaces and make them both practical and visually appealing.

There's an analogy that applies to Airstream. Sure, it offers a relatively compact space, but has been thoughtfully crafted (through almost 80 years of trial-and-error!) with an eye for design & style. Small is both beautiful and functional when done right.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Thumbs up Excellent Blog

Sean and Kristy,

I had bookmarked your blog to read when I had time and just finished reading it all. That's about the finest example of blogging I have seen. I love the embedded videos. Especially liked the emotional one of you guys getting hitched.

Any pointers on how to get started doing a blog like yours would be appreciated. Pat and I are getting ready to do some extended travel, and our kids have asked us to keep a daily blog. I guess they want to know where their parents are.

Thanks,

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Venice , California
hey guys, great blog! my wife is more of a blog reader than i am but i really enjoyed the video portion of your blogs. loved the video in glacier as i was there in '98 and hope to get back there soon.

sean, how long does it take you to edit one of your videos? are you working on the video aspect every day or do you wait a few days until you get a chunk of time. it's a great way to do a blog.

oh and congratulations on your marriage. my wife and i were married two years ago on the 14th of may. life is good.

*by asking the above question,
i verify that i have already used
the search feature to the best of my ability...
urbanfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:52 AM   #25
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Nice blog. Cool to put faces to names too!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
I love your bolg! You guys look to be having a great honeymoon. I'll be looking forward to the next season: Babies and fulltiming cross country...ha-ha, but it would be fascinating!

Thanks for sharing, I get a good laugh each time I watch your videos!

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
ROCHESTER , New Hampshire
Congratulations on the extended honeymoon and thanks for sharing the blog! Nice job!
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:47 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Belated thanks to everyone for your comments, and I pledge to do a better job of replying in a timely fashion. Truth be told, I just now realized I had some posts in here requiring a reply (my email notification is on the blink). Sorry about that. Anyway...

Randy, check out blogger.com to start your blog. Fear not, if you can post here, you can blog! It's a cinch to get started, it's free, and it's fun.

David, the video editing time varies. It really depends on the complexity of the piece. Some of the simple pieces (say, me blathering in one location) only take a short while. Some of the more complex videos, with lots of locations and shots, may take a couple of hours or more to edit (ugh -- I try not to think about that, lol). I guess I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy the process. Probably the best approach is to start with something simple and build from there.

Tanya, babies and full-timing would make for an excellent blog. Maybe someday...although I suspect that Kristy would demand a 34-foot trailer, heh heh...
Old 10-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Movie stars! Airstream of Arkansas stars! And now podcast stars!! Congrats on a never ending adventure!

Enough exclamation points. Put skis on the Airstream and get along to Minnie-sota. Yah?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #30
S.S.SLOAN

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Belgrade , Montana
Great blog! I love the video of Glacier NP! I am not far from Yellowstone but am interested as to where we might stay in Jackson/Teton area. You mentioned a great place for boondocking - any chance you'll share where we might find in on a map? I've always wanted to tour that area but have no idea where to stay.
s.s.sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:23 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
lol Bob -- thanks! We had a great time chatting with the guys at the VAP. I will talk to Kristy about heading up to Minnesota. Although I think we may wait until after winter for that adventure. Considering my luck with tires on the Airstream, I'm afraid to attempt skis.

S.S., we boondocked for about a week at the Gros Ventre Campground outside Jackson. It's about a 20-minute drive into town...close enough to be convenient, but the campground itself is quite rustic. It's a 1960s-era campground with no hookups, but they do have a dump station, and they do allow generators until 8pm. They are pretty flexible about check in and check out policy too.

Some of the Gros Ventre sites are close enough to the river so that you can hear it from your Airstream. Others have nice Teton views. Also, we saw several moose in the area.

This site has info on Gros Ventre: Gros Ventre Campground, Wyoming

And you can see our campsite in this video:

thelonglonghoneymoon.com: Of Moose and Men

I loved Gros Ventre, but Kristy was ready for some hookups after that week, ha ha...

BTW, I'm glad folks are digging into the blog archives...makes all of that video editing (to the tune of a Yamaha generator) worthwhile.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
I thought I would bump this original thread, because it's kind of fun to look back...almost 2 years have passed!

I wanted to tell everyone that my wife and I will be on HGTV's "RV 2009" TV show, airing this Sunday March 8 at 8pm EST.

I haven't seen the show, so I have NO idea how they will edit it. Which makes me a little bit uneasy.

The show was filmed last August at Pennsylvania's huge RV event. They wanted us to browse other RVs, so we complied...but rest assured we remain Airstreamers to the core!

Anyway, if any of you are around a TV Sunday night, you might get a kick out of it.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anniston , Alabama
Enjoy your blog

Sean,

Thanks for the reminder about the show on Sunday. Can't wait to see it. We have really enjoyed viewing your blog. Thanks for sharing your travels. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see where your next adventures take us.

Tina
happycamper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Hi Tina, thanks for your note. I'm glad you've enjoyed our blog.

I hope the HGTV show turns out okay. We will see it for the first time Sunday, along with the rest of the country! I guess I get a little nervous when I don't control the editing...

Filming the show was an interesting experience. The producers wanted us to shop for RVs, and of course we played along. But even though the PA show is billed as being "the biggest in the USA," there were no Airstreams to be found. So we ended up looking at a lot of 5th wheels, and had to base our final choices upon the inventory at hand. If Airstream had a presence in the show, we would've certainly gotten it on the tube. (Kristy has long had her eyes on a 30-foot Classic!)

Anyway, I'm sure it will be a fun show to watch.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
CLARKSVILLE , Tennessee
Thumbs up Travel Blog

Sean and Kristy just wanted to also say the wife and I have enjoyed viewing your blog for the past year and half. You have given us valuable insight in the joy or RV-ing from your travels trips and they will help us prepare for our future retirement travels. We also have a 2004 25' Classic Airstream that we purchased from Gene Morris at Airstream of Arkansas and pull it with a 2006 Ford F250 V-10. We live just north of you near Nashville and hope to see another new blog soon. Keep up the great work!

Camper Dave
Camper Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Thanks Dave! I appreciate your note.

Wow, it looks like you have a setup very similar to ours, and you live nearby to boot. I'm very pleased that our videos and writings have proven helpful, and we look forward to adding a lot of fresh material this year. Our current plan is to take our Airstream up north in late April for a visit to some states where we haven't yet camped. I'm sure we'll find all sorts of interesting material to film and discuss. Cheers!

Sean
Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anniston , Alabama
Kristy's Airstream

We were at Airstream of Arkansas in November for some warranty work. Gene showed us "Kristy's 30ft classic"..........he's still saving it for her
I don't blame her. That would be my choice too!!!! Beautiful camper. She's not twisting your arm hard enough or that would be hers by now.

Tina

(Tell Kristy's cousin Donna hello if you see her before I do)
happycamper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
lol, thanks Tina... Yes, Kristy has had her eye on that 30-footer for a while. Maybe someday! Hey, I wouldn't mind a little extra storage space too. I need some place to stash all my video equipment and related gadgets!

I think we will probably see Donna in the next few weeks (at Kristy's grandmother's birthday). I will give her your regards...
Old 03-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #39
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Just found your blog tonight and enjoyed reading and watching the videos. Keep up the great work and hope to run into you guys down the road. Keep in mind some of the rallies we have around the south in the coming year. The End-of-Summer-Rally-Thang in September was a hit last year and the Can Opener in January is always great fun.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

1998 28' Excella
Dolores , Colorado
We're proud of you Sean and Kristy. We knew you would be hard core Airstreamers even after looking at some of the units at the show. Enjoyed all of the thread and your blog.

Bob and Lou
Members Four Corners Unit/CAC
WBCCI # 10105
AIR # 28748
dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote