Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Charleston SC - Area

A few years ago there was mention of someone who was trying to open an RV camping area in the Charleston Down Town area - does anyone know if it ever got off the ground? Or may have a contact?

I would like to spend my winter break south. Last year I stayed at the James Island County park which is a fabulous park (I have stayed there several years during Jan to April.

However I had never stayed during their Festival of Lights time frame - ha I did last year and although it was beautiful and well worth spending a few nights - but NOT three weeks of lengthy evening delays to get in and out of the park - it was a real PITB!

I am aware of The Oaks - but it is a bit far for my needs. As well the other park Air-something or another - um not the nicest of parks also too far outside of Charleston.

Looking for something between the Isle of Palms to Charleston - anyone have any ideas.

Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
1958 17' Pacer
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Tryon , North Carolina
Your best bet is James Island County Park. There is nothing downtown. There is a KOA in Mt. Pleasant, north of IOP. We always stay at James Is. County Park.

Jimbcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Never been there but have heard the KOA in Mt. Pleasant is very nice. Would put you on the outskirts of Charleston, across the bridge.
We use JICP ourselves but it would be a pain during the light show. Safe & happy travels. John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
The KOA is nice. I stayed there a few years ago. Very convenient to Charleston.
Kosm1o is offline   Reply With Quote