Old 05-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #15
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
This looks really cool, especially since we already have the bike rack. How do you route the antenna wires?

Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
Rosemount , Minnesota
On the mast itself I use 3 of those rubber coated flexible wires to keep the cables from flapping in the breeze. On our 2015 19' FC there is an exterior antenna connector outlet box on the rear side opposite of the awning side.

One is marked "Cable" and I connect the NOAA Weather Radio antenna to this connection. Inside, the stock Winegard TV amplifier has a second TV outlet that I use to go to the Maritime VHF handheld radio that also has the NOAA weather channels on it. Just remember to shut off the TV Amplifier so that the "Cable" input is selected instead of the roof TV antenna input.

The second connection is labeled "SAT". This is a prewired antenna cable that terminates behind the DVD player. This is the cabinet where I keep the Verizon broadband router hotspot.

I am in the process of replacing the stock Winegard TV amplifier with the Winegard SensarPro TV signal strength meter. This will speed up the aiming of the TV antenna and I believe that it has a little more gain on the amplifier than what the stock amplifier provides. As the new amplifier is a different form factor I'll make up a wood spacer to accommodate the larger size instead of increasing the existing opening in the wall.

BoscoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
Northern Illinois , Illinois
Originally Posted by PammieSue View Post
What boosts WiFi for computers?
Wifi Ranger Elite plus their go2 router.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote