Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2016, 01:50 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I have to admit that eating at Mc Donalds while on our cross country trip was convenient and not too bad. Dusty also liked an occasional cheese burger. [plain] In Maine, we had Mc Donalds Lobster Rolls. That was quite unusual, but normal in Maine.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #62
Silver Star

1970 23' Safari
Victoria , British Columbia
Come to Canada

i also don't know a big Mac cost but if your interested in larger purchases this is the first time in many years that it could be cheaper in Canada. Sevearl year ago when we had a low dollar to the US I heard you could buy a Mercedes for up to $10,000 less than in the states. This happens a s certain products are priced to the country.
I always shopped for electronics in Portland Oregon ( no sales tax) and it use to be a lot cheaper.
Today if you go on BestBuy.com you'll see an iPad air2 is $599 us if you go to bestbuy.ca you'll see it is $649 can
649 is about $455 us ....you'll have to add the tax in your state ...in BC the tax rate is 12% = 5% Feds and 7% provincial but go to Alberta and you only pay federal tax of 5%.
Also I believe if you are from the US you can claim a tax credit on purchases on departing Canada.
Even in BC you'll walk out of best buy with the iPad for about $510us...... Now that beats any big Mac !! And $599 plus tax!
This is not an isolated item .... I shop which ever country has the best deals.. Most everyone Ive talked to at the moment who will be driving north home to Canada at the end of the winter is saying they are "hauling A.. home" and not doing any unnecessary stops as the dollar is killing them in the US. (except gas and booze).
It will be a very Hard year for US tourism businesses.
Hope to see you in one of the provincial parks .
rucos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:00 PM   #63
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Papa, that's the index/idea of the Big Mac I was trying to recall. Didn't know that they had made it an interactive site. Pretty cool. Just don't go to Switzerland, instead go to Russia...
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Papa - I'm not sure I know what a Big Mac costs here but if I get a chance I will check it out.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 01-13-2016, 10:40 PM   #65
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, I have to admit that eating at Mc Donalds while on our cross country trip was convenient and not too bad. Dusty also liked an occasional cheese burger. [plain] In Maine, we had Mc Donalds Lobster Rolls. That was quite unusual, but normal in Maine.
If Mickey Ds around here served lobster rolls, I'd probably eat at them, too.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote