Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2005, 11:42 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
Campsite suggestions for Oregon Coast

We are heading to a wedding in Cannon Beach, OR this summer. We are planning on slowly heading up the coast starting at the border. What are everyone's esteemed opinions for campsites along the way. We have around 9 days to cover the 300 or so miles. Preference is given to beautiful sites, local attractions and campsite amenities (in that order). Hookups every few nights would be nice. The question is then 3 nights over 3 stops with 100 miles in between or 2 nights over 5 stops and 60 miles or... (you get the idea).

Any input is helpful. This will be the first part of August.

Thanks!
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:48 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
You lucky dogs! Check out Bandon Beach State park - near the CA/OR border. It's lovely, well kept and spacious. ALso visit beverly Beach state park near newport - be sure to stop in and say hi to "campcollector" aka Jonathon. he is a ranger there.

Get reservations now. the OR state parks fill up - to capacity just about now.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Also try Honeyman SP

caadoptees....
Also endorse Janet's recommendation of Beverly Beach SP and have heard good things about Honeyman Memorial SP in Florence (north of Oregon Dunes NRA). But get your reservations now!!

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:48 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Roger,

Going up/down the Oregon coast is a favorite trip of mine. You will have some great camping spots, that's for sure. Starting at the CA/OR border, the following state parks are exceptional: Harris Beach (Brookings), Bullards Beach (Bandon), William Tugman (Winchester Bay), and Beverly Beach (Newport). Exceptional RV parks: Marina RV Park (Winchester Bay), Hecta Beach RV Park(Florence) ,Sea Perch (Yachats) and Cannon Beach.

Every one of the above are just plain sweet. Tugman is nice because two loops are first come first serve, which means if you arrive on Thursday, you will have a campsite thru the weekend without having reservations. Otherwise, reservations for weekends are a MUST. Have a great summer trip, Roger, and see you in October.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:40 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
Any Oregon State Park is an excellent stay. All are very well kept and safe. I hesitate to give away one of my favorite parks, but you're family so... Sunset Bay SP out of Charleston. Very quiet at night except for a distant foghorn. It's a pleasant hike to Shore Acres, a beautiful botanical garden on an old lumber baron's estate.
It fills up early so make your reservation yesterday.

Jamie
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
You are indeed lucky dogs!! My wife and I just love the Oregon Coast. We've not traveled with our A/S but have gone up and down the coast. I can't give advise on campgrounds but some of the local attractions include the Aquarium and the Lewis & Clark Memorial in Seaside, Dooger's clam chowder and the downtown tavern in Cannon Beach, antiquing and the Maritime Museum in Astoria, Ft. Stevens north of Warrenton, the Columbia River Gorge with all of the waterfalls, the Tillamook Cheese Factory and the Air Museum in Tillamook (bring a camera), breakfast at the Otis Cafe in the small town of Otis, the Carousel Museum in Mt. Hood, etc. Man, now I really want to go. We're going in the fall and I can't wait.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote