Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2003, 10:49 AM   #1
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Question Campsite Forum

Hello everyone - I wonder if it might be possible for a Forum area to be set up where we could contribute to locations (by STATE or REGION) of campsites we have enjoyed and want others to share in? Maybe like the forum for each type of AS, we could set up individual areas (East Coast, Midwest, Mountain States, etc. or even do each state individually) and post the name of the campsite, if it can be accessed for reservations on web, hookups/not, where it is located in area, etc. Would this be too hard?
For instance, we are thinking of meeting some of our family this Spring in Las Vegas. I have heard there are some great camp spots around there, but have no clue about any of them!
Give me some feedback, or if you know of camping in Nevada (Las Vegas area) that will work too. Thanks, Leigh
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2003 25' Safari
Kissimmee , Florida
This is a great idea. The campground guides give a lot of information, but personal experience and impressions, along with digital pictures would be great!

With big dollars invested in a trailer/tow vehicle or motorhome, RVers are not trailer trash - yet many RV Parks/campgrounds look like Jethro and Bubba live there. I prefer Wall Mart parking lots to the many bad ones for enroute stops. More information on good ones would be great!
Old 01-11-2003, 07:33 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Campgrounds

This site provides user reviews for campgrounds, sorted by state.

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/
alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 08:42 AM   #4

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Reviews

We have a review section here at the forum.

http://www.airforums.com/reviews.php

It doesn't have a lot at this point, but with the number of members now present, we should be able to accumulate some good information.

Stop by and share your experiences!

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:31 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

SUPER website!!

Alan, that RV website is just exactly what I've been looking for!

It lets you click on the state you're visiting, and shows you a road map with dots indicating the RV parks reviewed. All the particulars are indicated, including priices, hookups, big rig access, shade tree availability, even MODEM ACCESS!! (I'm a computer geek...)

This should make trip planning much easier for everyone.

Go check it out, everybody, and add reviews if you don't see one for a spot you've visited.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, Alan!
4521red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:25 PM   #6
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Thumbs up Great help

I am amazed on a daily basis at how vast and useful the information is on this forum!! (anyone want to put in 2 cents worth on dealing with 2 teenage boys??!!) I also THANK YOU Alan for the link to the campsite web. It will be a big help when I plan out any future trips. I have looked at Las Vegas area breifly and think I see one of the camp areas that I read about. Anyway, thanks again for the fast and wonderful reply. Leigh
Old 01-14-2003, 01:05 PM   #7
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
one more ?

I went to the camp website suggested and saw some possible RV resorts. My question is - is anybody familiar with Lake Mead and the possiblities there? It was not listed on the website as a place anyone had visited/recommended. Might be more to our liking than right in Las Vegas area. Any info or ideas would be welcome. Thanks, Leigh
Old 01-21-2003, 10:01 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Thumbs up Ontario Provincial Parks

Ontario Canada is a big province. It takes 3 long days of driving on the Trans Canada Highway to drive across Ontario ( east to west). There is a wealth of Provincial campgrounds in Ontario. September and October is a special time here with the coloured leaves and higher site availability. Our summers here are hot and humid.

Here is the link to Ontario's main Info and Reservation site.

http://www.ontarioparks.com/
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2003, 05:32 AM   #9
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
It’s good to have a section on this site for campground reviews!

I have to agree with Leigh about the fact that it should be listed by the state though. It would be much easier to locate a campground when you know the area you want to look in.

I would like to be able to see pictures of the different campgrounds that are reviewed also. Maybe it can be set up so that we can load pictures in this area when giving a review.

P.S. Don't forget to have a listing for our northern neighbors as well!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:35 AM   #10
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I was real exited to see a post from Wayne, until I saw it was from last Jan.

A casualtiy of the Hensley/Arrow thread.

We've been to a great number of proven. in Canada. So of the best times were in Alberta by Banff.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 08:07 AM   #11
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Speaking of Wayne, I just saw he was lurking about, post something Wayne, let us all know how you've been!

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 12:59 PM   #12
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hi Eric - Its funny that you should bring this post back up as I had been thinking of the camp review I had posted after we got back from a trip to Utah and Zion NP. I posted it right after we returned (along with a forum post) and it didnt show up, so I PMed a host, but still didnt see it. Now, I just checked the review area and ITS THERE!! Yippee!! Maybe the Airstream Forum breakdown caused it to come up. Anyway, I was glad to see it there because we really enjoyed our trip and the area and I wanted to share with all. Just dont quite know why it took so long to post. I would love to see more reviews (and pictures of areas) as almost nothing could be more disappointing than to arrive at your once a year vacation spot only to have a BIG YUCK to stay at. We will be going to Estes Park Colorado soon. Will try to get a post done of the park we stay at when we return. Later, Leigh