Old 11-18-2007, 08:51 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
We'll spend Thanksgiving day at Mom's and then it's off to boondock in the Panamint Valley with a fridge full of leftovers.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
This is one of the days we won't spend in our trailer since we are full timing. Will spend the day at our sons house here Farmington then off the Yuma for the winter----pieman

Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #17

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We're taking Lucy to Jacksonville tomorrow. We'll be camped in Lucy in SuEllyn's Dad's back yard with full hook-ups. We'll head back to the Panhandle on Friday. Lucy will be staying at her private campground until we go back to Jax for Christmas.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:53 PM   #18
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
I will be spending Thanksgiving in the AS with the cat in La Grande, OR. One member suggested I got out but Nah.

I have a couple of turkey breasts, some stuffing, Broccoli and a slice of pie. I can't wait to chack out my new grill (early christmas present to myself). It's stainless!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
All of you who are fortunate enough to be able to spend Thanksgiving in your AS, pleaes think of us - we'll CERTAINLY be thinking of youse!!!
Turley roasting in the AS oven -- YUM!!!
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
We're spending Thanksgiving in Bryan, TX. The DW is a picture definition of an Aggie, and we'll be going to the A&M-TU game on Friday. Thursday will be spent going on campus to visit the Bon Fire Memorial and the pet cemetary. Being a Texas Tech alum I just can't wait for Thursday.

For those of you who are unaware of Texas A&M traditions, I should explain:

For, I don't know how long, the A&M cadets & student body have held a bon fire before the team played Texas University. It was a big to do. The yell leaders would work the student body into a lather, and then theyd all recite a poem. This is gospel y'all, I couldn't make this up and I have a vivid imagination. The fire would burn for days because of how much wood they had used. Several years ago, while building it, the stack collapsed and several students were killed. The bon fire has been banned as a school sponsored activity, but there has been a private one each year since - except the year following the tragedy.

The school mascot has always been a female Collie and has always been named Revelie. Revelie attends each game to cheer on the team. As the dogs passed away they have been buried just past the end zone, and laid to rest so that they could see the score board. Then the school closed in the end zone for more seating, but the dogs of ages past could not see the score board. So, some alum throws some money at the school and voila, there is a small electronic score board now on the wall of the end zone so the dead dogs can continue to see the score. Each dog's grave is marked with a tombstone, and each game day has a corsage placed on it.

There are a ton more of them, but I'm sure you get the point.

My DW is a third generation Aggie, and was a member of the first graduating class with females. She returned to get her graduate degree. Through her I've seen that these silly traditions are in fact neat, because they instill a binding school spirit that can't be beat and lasts forever. The football team, on the other hand is a whole different story.

Y'all have a wonderful holiday, and give thanks.

________Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:30 AM   #21
The Painted Pig

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Hailey , Idaho
We'll be at Gunter Hill COE campground. The plan now is to get one or two of the easy to fix turkey breasts along with the usual vegetables for Thursday and fix some dutch oven chicken over charcoal Friday. Leftovers for Saturday while we watch the Iron Bowl. War Eagle!

Scott
Old 11-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Leaving Weds. for the weekend

Taking the 66 Safari out for the weekend to Massies Mill/Nellysford VA.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Houston , Texas
A&M BonFire Memorial

My daughter is going to Blinn at Bryan/College Station. We visited the memorial a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is its very moving. It has a pillar for each student killed and each pillar faces their hometown. There is a bronze photo and plaque where family and friends tell about each student. It really brings tears to your eyes. If your in the area, definately go visit it. I am not an Aggie but visiting that school is awesome and made me want to be one, everyone says "howdy" to, another tradition at the school.
James
Old 11-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #24

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
It depends on how many family members show up at my house. Too many and I'll be camping in the driveway...
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #25
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
On the ROUTE 66...

... without our A/S, always in FRANCE, so we have decided , this greeting season to find each day, a KOA campground kabin to sleep. We start on dec, the 24th from Flagstaff, Az to Ocklaoma city, in january '08. Between that, We 'll see... May be some good advices for places to visit and to dream ( or to sleep for the better price ).
About cooking... we appreciate light meals as SUBWAY production does.We don't consider christmas and newyear evenings as important moments.

Bruno.
My AIRSTREAMLIFE ning
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Aggie Traditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flintstones
My daughter is going to Blinn at Bryan/College Station. We visited the memorial a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is its very moving. It has a pillar for each student killed and each pillar faces their hometown. There is a bronze photo and plaque where family and friends tell about each student. It really brings tears to your eyes. If your in the area, definately go visit it. I am not an Aggie but visiting that school is awesome and made me want to be one, everyone says "howdy" to, another tradition at the school.
James
The one, if I have to pick, tradition that really moves me is Muster. Once a year, I can't remember the date, Aggies all over the world will get together. Each one will give the name and class of an Aggie who died during the previous year. I've seen pictures of Muster's being held during wartime. My Father in law, class of '41, has never missed a Muster, he attended one on Guadacanal. His son, class of '69, takes him to muster now. Both are retired Army.

If your daughter has a good GPA when she finnishes at Blinn she can transfer to A&M. It's a great school to have a degree from, and she can knock rings with some really great people.

Tom

Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #27
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Thumbs up Yep

I will be camping out at the wildlife refuge just north of Fort Sill. In fact, I have been out there since Friday. Hiking and photography. I will most likely smoke the thickest pork chop I can find, maybe bake some bread. Looks like a few more days of nice weather before it cools off and gets wet.

Forecast Conditions High/Low F
Precip.
Chance
Precipitation Wind Speed High Temperatures Low Temperatures Today
Nov 19

Partly Cloudy 75/55 10%
10 %
Plan a Scenic Drive
Tue
Nov 20

Mostly Sunny 82/45 0%
0 %
Wed
Nov 21

Cloudy / Wind 51/29 20%
20 %
Thu
Nov 22

Mostly Cloudy 50/31 10%
10 %
Better Gas Mileage
Fri
Nov 23

Mostly Cloudy 48/32 10%
10 %
Sat
Nov 24

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
We will be spending Thanksgiving camping in Bisbee AZ at the Shady Dell. We are likely going to roast a chicken and have all of the trimmings. We are looking forward to the long weekend with the AS.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote