Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
FAYETTEVILLE , Arkansas
Plus with the snow fall they are getting this winter there should not be any fishing restrictions this summer. Last summer they had some because of the drought and the stress it was putting on the fish. The Firehole is my favorite and Slough Creek, but that's a hike to get to the valleys. Great fishing though. Like everyone has said, once you get of the roads and out of sight just a little you will see something that 95% of the people who go there will never see.
gyandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
FAYETTEVILLE , Arkansas
I'm sorry for going on about this, but if you go into West Yellowstone stop by the Free Heel and Wheel and get a great espresso drink. The Mocha is my favorite. Go to Cooke City and stroll around it is a fantastic little mountain town at the North East entrance. Eat at the Beartooth Cafe and go on over to Red Lodge. The Beartooth Mountains are remarkable. The first week the roads open in mid May the snow is 15-20ft deep on the side of the roads in places. Worth the trip oveer to Red Lodge.
gyandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:19 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3streams
Hello,

We are doing Yellowstone right before Intl this summer and my husband and his friend (who is caravaning with us) are fanatical mountain bikers. Looking for downhill/ all mountain- will be bringing their long travel. Any suggestions as we plan?
Well, I'm not a downhiller, I go for the uphill. Some of the best riding I've done in the area has been on various dirt roads and trails between the Madison River and Cliff Lake, Hoodoo Pass (and down the other side of the pass). From the Idaho side go into Red Rock, and I love climbing to the top of Sawtell Peak Rd (find it down Rt 20 in Idaho).

Just make sure they have a map.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #44
Upgrading piece by piece

1967 22' Safari
Jackson , Wyoming
I skimmed over so you prolly know no mountain biking in a national park, right?

I live on the south side. So drive down to the south entrance, hang a left at Moran and go up on Togwotee Pass. Awesome mtb-ing, but do carry bear spray. If you go from Togwotee Lodge, bike about a mile east and turn right on Flagstaff Road. That will take you all the way back toward the Tetons to the Blackrock Ranger Station, many great singletrack options.

Lots of other downhill options on Togwotee Pass. Any bike shop in Jackson can sell you THE BOOK and maps.

Njoy!