Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Camping in Nashville

We have a dealer music show to go to in Nashville next June so I guess we will make a week out of it for vacation we will be traveling with our 9 year old son so looking on the web I came across Jellystone park Kinda pricey is it worth it? Any other ideas? Just don't want to make the same mistake that I made this year on vacation campgrounds.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Riviting Espresso

1978 25' Caravanner
Boca Raton , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ColdEspresso Send a message via Yahoo to ColdEspresso
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel beck
We have a dealer music show to go to in Nashville next June so I guess we will make a week out of it for vacation we will be traveling with our 9 year old son so looking on the web I came across Jellystone park Kinda pricey is it worth it? Any other ideas? Just don't want to make the same mistake that I made this year on vacation campgrounds.
Nashville camping is kinda pricy on Music Valley Drive but convienient, Some of them have pools, a game room and activities. There are go carts near by. I think it will be OK for your son. There are quite a few ACE sites close by near Percy Priest Lake that are reasonable and there is good fishing there too.
1978 Caravanner
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71
2009 VW Sportwagen TDi
Rancilio Espresso Machine w/ Rocky Grinder
ColdEspresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Hey there Becky,

How those Runnin' Rebs gonna look this year? How does everyone like the new coach? It's about time for him to prove that recruiting reputation he came in with. We'll be looking at them with great anticipation this season.

We've stayed next door to Jellystone on numerous occasions (KOA) and found the location very convenient. Jellystone looks VERY suited to kids.

Camping World right next door and Opryland just down the street. A bit of a drive to Music Row though.

Have a great trip!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Pop, Rebs look kinda slim can't seem to find a quarter back to re-place that Manning boy, Coach O will have to pull something out of the hat this year or like some others he may have to go on down the road.

Thanks for the info folks, I also had noticed the KOA. And they both seem to have shade and a pool that's tops on the list.
Air# 9552
Old 08-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel beck
Try looking for county campgrounds. They are often cheaper, better run and not so crowed. I think that might be Davidson CO.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Cages Bend on Old Hickory Lake, northeast of Nashville and about 8 miles Southwest of Gallatin, TN. It is run by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, is a nice campground with only 43 sites. Check out About Us - Recreation.gov which is now Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov for more info. There is fishing, boating and water skiing there. It is open through November if memory serves me right. The campground is located on a grassy knoll overlooking the lake.

Cedar Creek is just south of that with 60 sites. It is also run by the Corp of Engineers and is a nice park with plenty of space between sites. This campground closes sometime in October.

There may also be some private campgrounds near Percy Priest Lake but I can't say. Hope this helps you some.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:00 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Becky,
You'll most likely find that the KOA has a bit more shade than the Jellystone.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
I used to live in the Nash about 7 years ago.Two campgrounds that you should NOT go to:Music city c/g in Lavernge (s.e. on I-24),and the one on Dickerson rd (off I-65 can't remember the name).Drug dealers/use'ers,hookers,you name it,their there.Music city was taken over/ran by the police because it got so bad.I read about 'em in the newspaper quite often.The best/safest would be the Briley parkway/opry land area.
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Thanks so much everybody we are going with the Army core of engineers the prices are right and we have always had great experiences with there parks. We will have so much to do so we don't plan on being at the campground much.
Air# 9552
Old 08-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Becky,
Let me know how your stay is. I go to the Ashland City Dam Lock A west of Nashville in Cheap Hill, TN. twice a year which is run by the Corp of Engineers. I have always had fun (except for the one time I had an electrical problem with my power cord plug).

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Becky…My wife and I tent camp often at Poole Konobs campground just a few miles south of Nashville in LaVergne. It’s a COE site, theirs tons of shade, great lake views, and is very well patrolled by the locale sheriff. Take a look at this site Tennessee Vacation - Poole Knobs Campground
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote