Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #21
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
We've stayed at Ruby's Inn, too, and liked the large wooded sites.

The last time we went to Bryce, it didn't snow, but there was a lot of rain with fog. There was a sign at the entrance station saying no fees refunded simply because people couldn't see the view! For the hardy, Bryce in winter is a nice place for x-c skiing or snow-shoeing..... but in late April????

Glad you made it through the night.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:58 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the update Bgibbs, glad it is working out! Hard to picture a "white out" snow condition, as the NE got into the 70's yesterday, with 80's expected today!

What a world . . . happy trails . . .

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:04 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Hey Peter....I am thinking of running a power cord from the furnace area back into the rear storage compartment. It could be used to plug in a trouble light and also an extra rear power outlet....what do you think?
Old 05-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
Just completed our fantastic month-long trip to southern Utah. Drove almost 4,000 miles with no GYM failures! Trailer was flawless. Only problems were lack of wi-fi at several parks and an uncooperative DISH system. A word of caution-DISH does not support their system in an RV unless the antenna coax is connected directly into the back of the receiver. Even when you buy the receiver and antenna from DISH. So much for the SAT connection on the outside of the trailer.
I have a Winegard antenna. I called them and after some lengthy troubleshooting they assured me that the problem was with the DISH programming and not with the antenna or trailer wiring. I called DISH again and they would offer no support.
A few trip observations:
1. The highway from Gallup,NM to the 4-corners area is horrible. Construction, endless 30 mph and bumps that are guaranteed to rearrange everything in trailer and tow vehicle.
2. Zion is really crowded. I can't imagine what it would be like when school is out.
3. Excellent campgrounds-Oasis just west of Amarillo (slight feedlot smell); Ruby's Inn at Bryce; Meteror Crater west of Winslow,AZ; USA in Gallup, NM. Of these, Ruby's is the best.
4. Hwy 12 in UT is a must do. Beautiful and varied scenery and a couple of 14% grades.
5. Potash Road in Moab. (All the way to the end)
6. The drive into Zion from the east. Beautiful and varied scenery before you get to the tunnel.
Great trip but good to be back to Texas!
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote