Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Campgrounds with Halloween Activities

Hello. I was looking for a campground recommendation, specifically a campground that had great Halloween festivities for the kids. I live in northeast Ohio and would be willing to travel three hours or so. Based on our location, that should allow us to get to parts of northern West Virginia, western PA & NY, and most parts of Ohio.

Why are we looking to camp on this holiday? Where we live, the houses are too far apart for trick-or-treating, and I thought maybe a campground would be a good option.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
Hey slay... I thought East Harbor had something, but not sure. Just make sure you double check the goodies.

Norwalk has The Holloween Classic, (drag race) lots of fun there also. not sure but they may have camping allowed. I know they have facilities.
Kids dress up and go trick or treating in the pits, kind of neat.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
We have been going to Huston Woods State Park near Miami University for the past few years and it has been wonderful. They have plenty of activities for kids.
erock53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Newbury , Ohio
Mustang, thanks for the suggestion. We are not equiped to go to a non-campground, we need electric, water, and restrooms.

E, thanks for the suggestion. We were just down to Oxford in August for Miami's Thursday night game against Vandy. I could not find anything about Holloween festivities on their website.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
We just went to the Monroe County KOA in Michigan for their Halloween Weekend. Tons of kids and lots of candy!!! They have a putt-putt contest in the morning for the kids, site decorating ,costume and pumpking carving contests. They also have a small party for each age group during the day. Although we are packed in like sardines we go because the kids have a great time. If that sounds like something you would like the KOA is at exit 9 on US 23. They have these weekends now until the last weekend in Oct. That would probably be about 2 1/2 hours from you.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Halloween camping

Almost every state park in Ohio and lots of private ones have Halloween festivities, but they are on lots of different dates. Starting in about NOW. You can find out when they are by calling the parks. Some have websites too. You can google: Ohio State Parks+ Halloween and get to the phone numbers and parks. This is a good start for you: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/exp...3/Default.aspx
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campgrounds, halloween