Old 03-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #15
Always Airstreaming!
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Yes, its true! A very nice place gone forever.

Dear Guests and Friends,

It is with sadness that we regret to inform you that the Little Ponderosa has closed for business and will longer be accepting reservations and inquiries.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you safe travels and thank everyone for their support and friendship over the past 5 years.

Jon & Caroline Lowell,

J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2006 31' Classic
Jefferson Co , Ohio
Our story so far with Ponderosa Campground is closing with a good note, today we received a check from Ponderosa`s holding company for the amount of our payment.(we hope it makes it through the bank), now to move on and find another campground. Thanks Everyone

stonymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Mansfield , Massachusetts
Little Ponderosa

This is a rel shame. It was a spotless campground with very nice people running it and working the grounds. We checked out Shore Hill up the road a bit, but found it too crammed in for our liking and lots of hills. We have stayed at the Moorings in Belfast, ME and that is nice, but the beach is quite rocky, so if you have young ones, wear water shoes.
Kat in MA
corgikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
2006 25' International CCD
Freehold , New Jersey

Been to Maine many times going back again this summer. Check out:

Megunticook Campground by the Sea -- very nice with a deck overhanging the rocky coast just perfect for morning coffee. Just south of the beautifiul town of Camden.

Searsport Shores Ocean Camping -- 30 or so miles north of Camden.

Gray Homestead Oceanfront in the fabulous town of Boothbay Harbor.

I'll be KOA'ing it in Bar Harbor this summer only because it's the only one on Mt. Desert Island where I could get an oceanfront site -- visiting Acadia National Park -- great ocean/rocky hiking, miles and miles of carriage trails, and a great hike up Cadilac Mountain blueberry picking all the way (pancakes and muffins anyone???)

Google the campgrounds.

Have fun.

DrPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member
Northern Illinois , Illinois

My sibblings and their families and my parents have been spending a week each summer since 1996 at Lake Pemaquid Campground in Damariscotta Maine. This campground is on Lake Pemaquid and is about 20 minutes to the ocean. In the summer months the campground is full and charges peak rates of about $275 per week. My brothers enjoy it because they have tent sites right on the lake. There are larger rig lots further away from the lake. You can get lobster at the campground store; they will even cook it. You can also rent A frame cabins. We will be spending a week with my parents in an A frame since my Airstream is in Illinois and we are only spending a week in Maine.

Maine is a beautiful place to camp.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #20

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
We had a very enjoyable stay at Lemoine State Park, overlooking Frenchman's Bay, I think. Great views of Cadillac Mountain.

pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote