Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
campgrounds in/near Oklahoma City

All,

I will be leaving Kansas soon, and headed for my next jobsite in Oklahoma City. I'll be at this jobsite for 2+ years.

With the onslaught of better weather, and the ensuing throngs of RVer's, I think it would be wise for me to get my spot reserved ASAP.

The jobsite is near the junction of I-40 and I-44, and I would like to be within a descent commuting distance from there.

Can anybody recommend a good campground? Is rush-hour traffic a mess in those parts?

Thanks in advance,

Woody
Woody.303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Yukon , Oklahoma
Greetings,

The closest one is about 4 miles west of the junction, just a few blocks south of I-40 - one of the new owners is a retired police officer. One advantage to this location is Griffith RV is just around the corner from this campground. Tom Griffith has been working on Airstreams for 30+ years and does excellent work if you need anything done. McClain's RV and Camping World are also a mile away.

Council Road RV Park

Rush hour isn't too bad - especially where you will be working. The campground is not in a "bad" part of town. It is your typical small commercial campground sitting inside a major metropolitan area. I drive by there all the time, but have never driven through. I know the retired police officer (Sam) and I know they have been working hard the last three or so years to make it a nice, clean park. The officer is a RV'er himself. Easy access to get anywhere in the city. The usual restaurants and chain outlets are nearby - Best Buy, Wally world, etc.

The Sands RV park 721 S. Rockwell Av. (405-787-7353) is one mile closer, right off I-40, but I don't think it is as nice.

There is a new, rather large and pretty park at I-35 and I-44 in northeast OKC, but that is a ways off from where you will be working - Twin Fountains RV park - 405-475-5514.

Hope this helps.
ScottMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
Scott,

Thanks for the info.

I looked on the website for Council Road, and it looks like a nice park.

I also checked out the Twin Fountains website, and it looks super nice too. However, the monthly rate also reflects the owner's pride. $$$$$

Woody
Woody.303 is offline   Reply With Quote