Old 04-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Mobile , Alabama
We stayed at the Atlanta South RV Park in Mcdonough, Ga. last summer. It was clean and seemed to be nice. It has a pool, our grandson liked.

Going south on I-75 take exit 222. Left at Chevron station and follow signs. 800-778-0668, or 678-583-1880.

Traffic is busy all the time but... it is what it is.

Predeta

Old 04-20-2016, 09:11 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Springdale , Arkansas
I'm glad see some else has been looking for a place to stay in the Atlanta Metro area. Our Daugther lives there & we have been looking for a decent place to stay also. In March we stayed at the Chattahoochee Bend State Park, which was really nice but way out. It took us over an hour to drive from Mid-town to Chattahoochee Bend on a Sunday with no traffic. Good luck on your search! Please keep us posted if you find a decent & safe area to stay. We're always searching!

Old 04-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1966 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
Mobile , Alabama
I've stayed at Stone Mountain several times when I've had business in midtown. It's about 20 minute drive on weekends and about 40 minutes on weekdays. The only closer option that I'm aware of is Georgia world Congress/GA Dome parking area for rvs but it has no hookups and prices vary widely based on events. I parked rig there to visit aquarium during day but it would be lonely and maybe scary to some if you were only rig there at night.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Signal Mountain , Tennessee
Have you looked into Red Top Mountain State Park. It's a beautiful place on the lake. It's probably about 30 min from MidTown if none rush hour traffic. I drive it frequently.

http://gastateparks.org/RedTopMountain

Oh yeah, forgot to add reservations are a must especially for weekends. This is a heavily used park.
TN, Greenest State in the Land of the Free
" America is not a place;it is a road." Mark Twain
Tn Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:14 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Tn Traveller, that looks like a nice state park, but unfortunately it is north of Atlanta, and we've been told to stay away from that side due to traffic congestion and the fact that my DH needs to be in Fairburn (South/West of Atlanta) daily for a work project.

Mrsretail6, that is disappointing to hear about Chatahoochee Bend SP, we had been thinking of that one, but an hour or more commute would be difficult combined with very long work days. Guess we'll continue looking.

Deb
Old 04-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Signal Mountain , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser View Post
Tn Traveller, that looks like a nice state park, but unfortunately it is north of Atlanta, and we've been told to stay away from that side due to traffic congestion and the fact that my DH needs to be in Fairburn (South/West of Atlanta) daily for a work project.

Mrsretail6, that is disappointing to hear about Chatahoochee Bend SP, we had been thinking of that one, but an hour or more commute would be difficult combined with very long work days. Guess we'll continue looking.

Deb

Sorry, I was replying to and should have quoted mrsretail6 in post 16. My bad for not making it clearer.

Don
TN, Greenest State in the Land of the Free
" America is not a place;it is a road." Mark Twain
Tn Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Springdale , Arkansas
Sorry Deb. Maybe Chatachoochee Bend SP can be a week-end retreat sometime. It's a beautiful park! Just make sure you stop at the store before go. Thanks Jarrod, 79nTow, & Tn Traveler I'll ck those suggestions out.