Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Peachtree city , Georgia
Campground suggestions Atlanta to Alberta through California etc.

We are planning our second big trip in our 16' bambi starting this May for three months. Want to drive to Cal. from Atlanta, then Oregon, then Washington, then Jasper, Baniff, lake Louise area. Spend some time at Glacier national park in both Alberta and Montana then head home via Mount Rushmore. Last year we did Sequoya, Kings cannon, Yosemite, lake Tahoe, red wood national forest, half moon bay, Jackson hole, Grand Teton,Yellowstone and had a great trip. Took 6 weeks as we had to get home by the fourth of july. Not this year I am retiring so we will take 12 weeks so we don't have to rush and go to the next place by a certain date!
Hookups are nice but we can dry camp as we do have one solar panel if we luck out with a sunny site! Electricity is even better but we will take what we can get. Any campground or site seeing must see ideas are welcome. thanks for sharing and have a great 2014 and hope to see you on the road or at a campfire with a nice drink in your hand.
the best,
David
muffinsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Can't really help with your question, but would like to say congratulations on retirement and the great trip you have planned. Have a wonderful time, and a safe and happy trip.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Wow, that sounds wonderful!

Really, seen at the most rough of levels, I guess choosing where to route your travels depends on two related factors: Do you want to do big mountains or, well, smaller ones, and do you want to keep at higher elevation ...

Lynn
Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Peachtree city , Georgia
thanks lynn

Would rather go lower mountains, so my tow vehicle doesn't have to work too hard but don't want to miss major views or areas so I'm not sure. If you have any suggestions on routes or campground I would appreciate it. thanks David
muffinsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Humm. Well, first off, I'd avoid the interstates wherever possible as they are the best way to avoid seeing anything at all. Perhaps choose a state highway like, say, Highway 60 for as much as possible and research just the major things on it; otherwise, just follow and discover!

Lynn