Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Silver Fern

1994 34' Excella
Berwyn , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to mcdowellc
Campground Review Thread

Not sure who to ask, but on this website for the forum...is it possible to consider a place where we can add reviews to parks/campgrounds? And I am not talking separate threads. Who do I ask to get something set up so we can do that? Or are you all going to point me to RV Park Reviews website and say...comment there? I can handle that feedback, just thought it would be nice to have a single website "go to" place...and I like the airforums...
mcdowellc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowellc View Post
Not sure who to ask, but on this website for the forum...is it possible to consider a place where we can add reviews to parks/campgrounds? And I am not talking separate threads. Who do I ask to get something set up so we can do that? Or are you all going to point me to RV Park Reviews website and say...comment there? I can handle that feedback, just thought it would be nice to have a single website "go to" place...and I like the airforums...

I think this is what you are looking for: Airstream Trailer & Motorhome Reviews - All Campgrounds - Powered by ReviewPost

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Silver Fern

1994 34' Excella
Berwyn , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to mcdowellc
And naturally I found something under "other" within this forum as soon as I posted this...argh....
mcdowellc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
I had no idea we had that. It looks interesting, but difficult to navigate, because it sorts by the first name of the park. As people add more parks, it'll get unwieldy.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
LA LA Land... , California
x2
Should be categorized at least by state...
Mike91208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Fresno , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowellc View Post
This quick thread should serve as a reminder for all to write reviews! I'm going to write as many as possible because I am always LOOKING for as many as possible. I would have liked to have read more reviews on campgrounds at this forum.
Personally, I looking to go to as many new places as possible (and ocassionally going to all the places I have gone to a million times before) so I rely on good reviews! Pictures are a plus!
1977 31' Sovereign "The Mod Pod"
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Mrs.Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I actually think that that review thread is pretty useless to me. What good is it to list campground name when we have no idea where the campground is. I would think that most would rather look by area or state. Just my opinion, others may vary.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Fresno , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike91208 View Post
x2
Should be categorized at least by state...
Should definitely be catagorized by state! Who do we need to talk to about that?

p.s. Just did my part and wrote a review.
1977 31' Sovereign "The Mod Pod"
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Mrs.Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2009 16' DWR
Venice , Florida
I agree, we need this categorized by state. With all the experience and knowledge of our Forum members, we should be able to have a wealth of information that is easily accessed on individual campgrounds along with photos of the campsites, etc.

I just went to that thread and a good many of the posts don't even say which state the campsite is in at all.
hellsbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

We've tried to use it while traveling but too painful and time consuming the way it's set up. I agree that setting it up by state rather than name would be much more helpful.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
It would also be nice to have dates of when the reviews are made. Things change all the time, not always for the better. There is a block provided but none I looked at had posting dates.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
We regularly use www.woodalls.com for our campground review. The camps are rated using from one to five 'W's and we've found over time that four 'W' ratings work to our liking.
Another good "Locator" site is www.uscamgrounds.info which will locate all manners of city, county, state and federal parks for you. This one is a real gem for locating campgrounds.
Good luck and have fun out there.