Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
Campground recommendations -Memphis, Nashville

Heading out to Memphis and Nashville in September and would sure appreciate any campground recommendations. I have plenty of campground directories, so I am looking for places where people have actually stayed and were happy enough with the campground that they would recommend it.

Thank you!

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Do a search on "Memphis"

There was another thread just a couple of months ago asking for a campground near Memphis. I answered it with a recommendation for a campground in West Memphis, but I don't have time right now to look up the name again.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Nashville area

Being from the Nashville area we would chose one of the Corp of Engineer parks in the area. Our favorite is Cages Bend COE park and is in Gallatin, which would be a 35-40 minute drive to center city. Cedar Creek COE park is in Mt Juliet which would be 25 min to center city. If staying closer is important then any of the cg's on Music Valley Drive in Nashville would be 15 minutes to center city. The coe parks are beautifully landscaped and around $20 per night. All the cg's on Music Valley Dr have basically the same amentities, don't know the prices but are on the high end. Music Valley Dr is a dead end lane with cg's and resturants and a Camping World on it adjacent to Briley Pkway which is a 6 lane, commuter hiway and might be noisy at times. Traffic is bad during rush hours but fine otherwise, easy to get around. If a little longer drive to center city is not important I would opt for a COE park, make reservations however.
If you have any specific questions feel free to pm us.
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Memphis

We live about 1 hour from Memphis. I'm not sure of any campgrounds there but I will tell you this be very very careful in Memphis. It's not like it use to the crime rate has escalated in the last few years. I do know a great place off of hwy 78 in Holly Springs Ms. about 45 miles South East of Memphis we camp there allllll the time it's Wall Doxey State Park.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
1972 21' Globetrotter
Arlington , Tennessee
Nathan Bedford Forest State Park

North of Memphis near Millington is NBFSP. An older State park with lots of charm. Several small lakes and access to the Mississippi River (a great view from the boat launch. Water and electric hookups and dump station. Approx 20 minutes from downtown Memphis. From I-40 take 385 to Millington. From I-55 take I-240N to Millington exit stay on Hy 51 to signs to Park.
Cottonboll is offline   Reply With Quote