Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Twin Lakes , Wisconsin
Campground near Nashville, TN?

Our son races Bmx bicycles & we have an event we'd like to stream to in May. Any decent camp grounds within 1/2 hour of that area? We usually prefer the state park quiet settings & at least an electrical hook-up.
redreefet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Nashville

Nashville has some really nice state parks that are nearby. The only one that we have tried is called Cedars of Lebanon State Park. It was small and wooded. It is on the east side of the city. It had access to freeways in to the big city. We were there to sightsee and take a Gray Line Tour and I believe it only took us about 30 min. to get to the heart of the city from there.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Twin Lakes , Wisconsin
Looks like the Bmx track is on the east side of Nashville very close to the J. Percy Priest Lake/Reservoir?? The Cedars look perfect, but we'd like to get a little closer to the track. I'm thinking there may be something near that lake???
Old 03-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
If I remember correctly, J. Percy Priest Lake/Reservoir is near the airport. This isn't too far from Opryland Hotel. A few miles from Opryland Hotel there is an RV park called Two Rivers Campground; Two Rivers Campground, Located in Nashville, Tennessee, Friendliest Service in All Middle Tennessee, 2 Miles North of Opryland, Home.
07' Classic 31, 11' Dodge 3500 Cummins
au_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
We stayed for a week at Two Rivers Campground and found it to be a nice quiet place and it was a good location go access the sites in Nashville.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Lyme , Connecticut
Try Seven Points, I tried to get in there for the 4th but its already booked. That was my first choice, 2nd choice was Anderson Rd Campground, which we did get for the 4th. Both are on the lake and are Army Corp and Federal Campgrounds. I did alot of research on these, but have not actually been there yet. Reserve America shows both campgrounds I mention and some more nearby. Good luck.
seldencove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Camping Close To Nashville

We stayed at Seven Points Campground on Percy Priest Lake last August.They have large lake front campsites, lots of trees, a swimming area, an area to launch boats,and a modern clean bath-house. Professional grounds keepers were at work while we were there, so everything was looking good. There was a large round concrete picnic table with curved benches at our camp site. It was situated at a different level than where the trailer was parked.I wished we had taken a folding table with us, for outdoor cooking and eating convenience. We will definitely return.
Kristi Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Twin Lakes , Wisconsin
Seven Points looked really nice. I think we'll try that one. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Old Hickory , TN
One more suggestion...

There is a Corps of Engineers campground just down the road from me that is on Old Hickory Lake (North side of I40 from Percy Priest). Even though I live on the Lake I go there several times a year. Take a look before you book elsewhere. Probably about 30 minutes from the BMX track. If you can get a lakeshore spot, it is fantastic, one across the road will be great - they have lots of room plus the great view. Others in the loops are still nice, but typical crowded campground situation.

CEDAR CREEK (TN), OLD HICKORY LAKE, TN

Facility Details - Recreation.gov, Cedar Creek (TN) - Recreation.gov
Between 'steams...
reday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
waynesboro , Virginia
Old Hickory Lake is a great site, not too far from Nashville....
waltero is offline   Reply With Quote