Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
campground in Red River, NM

Did any of you used to stay at the Roadrunner RV Park (or maybe it was called the Roadrunner Campground?) in Red River, New Mexico? If so, then you may know that it closed its doors several years ago, though nobody seems to know why since it was just incredibly popular.

Anyway, so this morning I was wandering around a real estate site this morning and noticed that the place is now for sale. For a cool $4.75 million! Yikes, stripes!

Lynn
Old 02-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
GRAPEVINE , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Did any of you used to stay at the Roadrunner RV Park (or maybe it was called the Roadrunner Campground?) in Red River, New Mexico? If so, then you may know that it closed its doors several years ago, though nobody seems to know why since it was just incredibly popular.

Anyway, so this morning I was wandering around a real estate site this morning and noticed that the place is now for sale. For a cool $4.75 million! Yikes, stripes!

Lynn

I've always gone to red river never in my Airstream. Eubank and good Rv parks in Angelfire? do you know the rates thanks
Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Oh, there are decent places all over the Enchanted Circle: Taos, Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Red River, even Questa. Most non-discounted rates at most places go in the $30 to $40 range per night nowadays in this area, it seems, though it always pays to stay longer to get better regular rates, just like anywhere else.

So you have five mil tucked away in your wallet to hand over to the fellow in Red River? If so, don't give it to him. Yes, I know it is quite a property, but that's also far more expensive than ANY other property of ANY kind that I've seen around here.

Lynn
Old 02-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
GRAPEVINE , Texas
LOl yes thats just a couple of dollars out of my reach lol. Been really thinking about towing my Airstream up there for a 4 day weekend. But thanks for the info!
Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
My guess is that the asking price might be tied to the loans taken out to develop, build, and operate the place.

The payment on this + 4.5 million dollar property is why this popular place closed. Somebody forgot to do their math before opening up.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
It closed several years ago. Before that, it had been going great-guns since at least 2001, when we moved up here. (We drove past it on the way to deliver our quarterly water samples, so lots of opportunity to observe from the outside.) Apart from indications that the owner/manager was a bit of a bear with his policies, I couldn't locate any problems.

I don't know. It could be that somebody just has incredibly inflated view of what the property is worth. I realize that RV parks go for more than one might expect, but not enough to warrant being the top-priced property in the whole of the MLS system for this region (Taos, Taos Ski Valley, Red River, Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Cimarron, Questa, and surrounding locales).

Or maybe the person is listing it only to show that she/he is supposed to, but has no real intent to sell.

Lynn
Old 03-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pottsboro , Texas
Roadrunner

I was in RR 1 1/2 years ago. Roadrunner had become a mobile home park with no short term availability for RVs.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Yes, that's what the sales page seems to suggest. I suppose one would have to separate those from the area of the RV park in order to bring back the operation. The raters from GoodSam will not be happy if there are mobile homes interspersed with RVs. (Found that out from talking with the former owners of the popular Trailer Ranch RV Park in Santa Fe some years ago. Their mobile home section is completely separate from the RV park. And the el-cheapo storage section, where I was during my involuntary two-month stay there, is completely separated from those two.)

Lynn