Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #15

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
Searched using the app store on the phone and also used the PC with no luck finding this one. Is the name correct?
I found this great free app by going into the Play Store on my Verizon Samsung Android Smartphone and putting in "RV Park Finder". RV PARKY comes up as the first listing. I just tried it again.

Also on my notebook, I can get to it by going to rvparky.com.

Brian

WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #16

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Hey Brian,
I have not been able to find any info on google on " RV PARKY".
Could it have some other name?

Dennis
Thanks Dennis. Your post caused me to look for RV PARKY on my notebook. At first I tried to Google it, and was coming up empty. Then I happened to look at the Android app on my phone. Right along the top of the opening page it said "RVparky.com".

I have spent the last half hour playing with it on my notebook. This thing is so much better than Woodalls, it will now be my primary source for campground information. Woodalls has kind of turned into junk in recent years. RVpary.com was a great find.

Brian

WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad View Post
The Allstays camp and rv app is great. Somewhat expensive but worth every penny.
Murrey also recommended this one. I bought it to take a look out of curiosity.

Just a heads-up for others - it is an App/system of iOS origins which is being morphed to Android. It does appear to be very good and the provider indicates they are moving quickly to get the Android version up to complete speed. They just issued an update in January and promise more. They have a nice newsletter as well and also some You-Tube on how to use it (Unfortunately iOS only).

It will be interesting to watch their development efforts.

Air #64439
Southeastern Camping Unit WBCCI #5033
TAC AL-8
2017 Canopenian
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibgl6 View Post
RV Park Finder is the name sub title RV parky. Sam
Thanks Brian for bringing this App forward and thanks Sam for clearing up how to get it.

RV Park Finder (RV Parky) is outstanding for a free App. I have been playing with it and also Allstays which isn't free. As I mentioned in an earlier post here, Allstays really is an App that originated for Apple and is being morphed over to Android. It still has a bit of tuning needed. Until that tuning is done, I would recommend using RV Park Finder. It really is very good and passed most tests I could muster to see how it would work. It found a campground a friend of mine loves that other Apps don't seem to be able to locate.

I can imagine that Allstays will come up to speed in the coming months but it has a display issue on my S3 at the moment in that the icons are so small I cannot see them. I contacted the developer and I am betting he'll have it resolved soon. He tells me Android is a bit of a pain to write Apps for since there are so many variations of the device as compared to Apple.

Air #64439
TAC AL-8
2017 Canopenian
Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #19
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
I can imagine that Allstays will come up to speed in the coming months but it has a display issue on my S3 at the moment in that the icons are so small I cannot see them. I contacted the developer and I am betting he'll have it resolved soon. He tells me Android is a bit of a pain to write Apps for since there are so many variations of the device as compared to Apple.
Allstays works just fine on my Android tablet (running Android 4.0 i.e. "ice cream sandwich"). I suppose the bigger dispay screen of a tablet vs. smartphones makes the difference.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
I found this great free app by going into the Play Store on my Verizon Samsung Android Smartphone and putting in "RV Park Finder". RV PARKY comes up as the first listing. I just tried it again.

Also on my notebook, I can get to it by going to rvparky.com.

Brian
Excellent pick, Brian, thanks for the info.

"You can't tow that with that!"

http://toadsoftowedhaul.com
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Allstays works just fine on my Android tablet (running Android 4.0 i.e. "ice cream sandwich"). I suppose the bigger dispay screen of a tablet vs. smartphones makes the difference.
Pro - actually it is a function of screen resolution, not size. If the resolution is high, the size of the symbols is smaller. So the higher the resolution, the smaller the symbols. Therefore a high resolution Android phone is the problem and the develper is working on a fix for phones like the new Samsung S3 with very high resolution screens.

Allstays appears to be an excellent App and I am looking forward to having it work extremely well on the smartphone. Nothing against Android tablets and I have one but I keep my phone in my pocket and I want the app to work on it as well.

Air #64439
TAC AL-8
2017 Canopenian
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Pro - actually it is a function of screen resolution, not size. If the resolution is high, the size of the symbols is smaller. So the higher the resolution, the smaller the symbols. Therefore a high resolution Android phone is the problem and the develper is working on a fix for phones like the new Samsung S3 with very high resolution screens.

Actually a function of both screen size and screen resolution…

Mine is an ASUS TF700T tablet with 1920×1200 resolution on a 10.1-inch screen. Each Allstays POI icon looks to be about 1/8" across and is readable even with my old and slightly cataractish eyes.

Samsung S3 has 1280×720 display on a 4.8-inch screen. That's 5/8 the resolution, on a screen with less than 1/4 the screen area.

I leave it as an exercise for the terminally bored to figure out the actual area of one pixel for each device, but it's true that each pixel on the phone is smaller than the same pixel on the tablet, even though the tablet has a higher resolution. The Allstays POI icons would look unreadably tiny on the phone.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Actually a function of both screen size and screen resolution…

Mine is an ASUS TF700T tablet with 1920×1200 resolution on a 10.1-inch screen. Each Allstays POI icon looks to be about 1/8" across and is readable even with my old and slightly cataractish eyes.

Samsung S3 has 1280×720 display on a 4.8-inch screen. That's 5/8 the resolution, on a screen with less than 1/4 the screen area.

I leave it as an exercise for the terminally bored to figure out the actual area of one pixel for each device, but it's true that each pixel on the phone is smaller than the same pixel on the tablet, even though the tablet has a higher resolution. The Allstays POI icons would look unreadably tiny on the phone.
I will be sure and relay that to the developer so he isn't confused.

Air #64439
TAC AL-8
2017 Canopenian
Old 03-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #24

Fountain Valley , California
RV Parky

Quote:
Thanks Brian for bringing this App forward and thanks Sam for clearing up how to get it.

RV Park Finder (RV Parky) is outstanding for a free App.
Hello, I am the developer of RV Parky and I just stumbled on this post. I'm glad you are getting good use out of my app and website. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments, I'm always working to make it better. Thanks!

- Lenny
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvparky.com View Post
Hello, I am the developer of RV Parky and I just stumbled on this post. I'm glad you are getting good use out of my app and website. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments, I'm always working to make it better. Thanks!

- Lenny
Thanks Lenny. Just downloaded the app and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Stan
Old 03-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvparky.com View Post

- Lenny

Thank you Lenny for a very nice app, keep up the good work. It is appreaciated.

Air #64439
TAC AL-8
2017 Canopenian