Old 04-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Nepatte,

There are three rv parks in or near San Fransisco.
Prices will vary according yo the date of your arrival. Call ahead.
Candlestick RV Park (415)822-2299, Treasure Island RV Park (650)994-3266, San Fransisco RV Resort (650) 355-7093.
Candlestick is in San Fransisco and Treasure Island is located in SSF (South San Fransisco) San Fransisco RV Resort is in Pacifica, CA. about 15minutes from down town San Fransisco.
Check them all out.
I would give consideration to San Fransisco RV Resort, It is just a paved parking lot, like Candlestick. However it is right on the Pacific Ocean with fantastic views and beach walks. It is closer to the Zoo and the famous Cliff House restarant.
If you are planning to venture North of the Golden Gate, there is a place in Geenbrae, CA. called the Marin RV Park (415)461-5199. However it is North of the Golden Gate bridge and toll for 2 axles/motorcycles $7.00, 3 axles is $21.00, for 4 axles $28.00, 5 axles $35.00, each time you cross in the Northern direction, no toll for Southbound traffic into The City.
Good journey!

-Dennis

Old 04-15-2015, 11:40 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Santa Clarita , California
OK, I'm a carpetbagger. I have only lived in SoCal (we do call it that from time to time) for 25 years, but my reaction about the discussion on proper place names is: dudes, chill. Call it whatever, but if you want to sound like a local in SoCal, complain about the traffic. (Your visit will give you plenty of first-hand experience in that regard.)

Old 04-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
On your way north from Disneyland, stop in Santa Barbara. Walk on the beach, have lunch, visit the Mission, visit the Courthouse. You could do a Land Shark tour (amphibious vehicle). Rent a bike, kayak, SUP...tons to do and see. One of the most beautiful locations in the world. At least stop to take a look!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Clearwater , Florida
California Camp Hround

We stayed at Marin RV Park in Greenbrae. Ten minute walk to the ferry ride direct to the Presidio. Quick ride north to Napa and John Muir forest, wood and beach. The ferry ride was a glorious beginning and end to the San Francisco day.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
Visalia , California
I will throw out another possible camping location. Anthony Chabot Regional Park.

Camping

They have a campground with full hookups and reservable. Close to the BART station in Castro Valley.

The only drawback is you have to be back my 10pm or they lock you out! I think this could be defeated though with some 2x4's.

FYI
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
Visalia, CA (between Fresno & Bakersfield)
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: http://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: http://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by casarodante View Post
I will throw out another possible camping location. Anthony Chabot Regional Park.

Camping

They have a campground with full hookups and reservable. Close to the BART station in Castro Valley.

The only drawback is you have to be back my 10pm or they lock you out! I think this could be defeated though with some 2x4's.

FYI
I've stayed there too! Love that campground! You can mountain bike on the fire trails. Nice!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatte View Post
We are taking our grand daughter to Cali this summer. We are going to Disneyland, all the way up to San Fran. Total of 14 days in California.

Where are the "best family" places to stay? Easy as possible in/out, maybe shuttles or public transport. Especially in the San Fran area.

Any and all info. Is appreciated
Wherever you decide to go, make reservations now because things book up quickly, especially for weekend stays.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:18 AM   #22

1996 25' Excella
Baytown , Texas
Thank you, to all who replied. What I am getting is "make reservations" for anything, and everything, especially the RV Park.
Our granddaughter is 11, she wants to see Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, and Golden Gate.
We take our (5) grandkids on trips in our AS, after the 5th grade. This is what she chose, not realizing what is between Waco, TX and San Francisco. We have traveled those roads many times, but it's all new to her.
Our goal is spend time with them, make memories, and show them there's a great big world out there.

Again thanks for all the useful input.