Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Bryce and Zion Campgrounds

Do you have any favorite campgrounds in/near Bryce and Zion National Parks? It would be nice to find some with shower and dump stations.

I am told that Watchman in Zion, down by the river is nice.

And that Red Canyon National Forest Service campground near Bryce NP is nice, but is there a better campground inside Bryce NP?

And that Single Tree NFS campground overlooking Capitol Reef is nice too.
Thanks,
Old 08-30-2004, 08:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hmm... this post has been up a couple hours in prime evening time and no replies. Let's keep it alive -- somebody will add their two cents. Welcome aboard to the great world of airstreamforums. I hope you find this to be a frequent source of useful information from a bunch of very giving folks -- as many of us have found out!

I've not been to Bryce or Zion though it's high on my list. My daughter went to Moab rock climbing after finals three springs ago and wondered why her folks had stopped at the prairie. I recall a similar post last season. Have you searched on either of your destinations in these forums? That'll give you something to work over while waiting for more knowledgeable replies.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
We have Bryce high on our list of 'must do' nat. parks. Our niece spent a year in Ut. (graduate student) in 2002-03 and she raves about it, Zion being a little less spectacular IHerHO). She didn't RV or camp there, nor did we, but after you go please post some specifics for us all. Thanks
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:14 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Can you tell me how to do a search? I do recall some recent posts about Bryce.

Moab. I want to get there in my late Sept. 2 week circle -- Phoenix--Flagstaff--North Rim Grand Canyon--Zion--Cedar Breaks--Bryce--Capitol Reef--Arches--Canyonlands--then home.

For Moab, I have been told that Utah's Dead Horse State Park is a must see and camp. It looks down on the Colorado river for miles, just like in the Grand Canyon. Check it out on the web.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
http://www.moab-utah.com
and
http://www.discovermoab.com
and
http://www.grandcircle.org
and
http://www.utah.com/visitor/travel_offices/

You will find much information in these links.
I love Southern Utah/Northern Arizona...one of my favorite places.
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:33 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Zion and Bryce

We camped at both in mid August. At Bryce we stayed at
http://www.brycecanyoncampgrounds.com
which is a commercial park at the entrance to the national park. The national park has several campgrounds and a store in the park that had showers. Rubys was a big nice campground and we had full hookups. It was cool at Bryce since it is up in elevation. This campground is located right at the gate and has several motels, restaurants , gas etc but isn't a town.

At Zion we stayed at commercial park right by the south gate to the park. Had full hookups and the park was on the river. It was called Zion Canyon Campground & Quality Inn in Springdale UT . Its listed in Woodall's. It was hot (100 degrees) during the day at Zion and we need the AC. It did get cool by morning and there were many campers in tents. Zion's campgrounds are also within a mile or so of Springdale. Springdale is a little town and is bigger than the Ruby's community at Bryce's gate.

At both parks we were surrounded by French tourists. Thought we had made a wrong turn and gone to France or Quebec. They were all renting motorhome on the west coast and doing the western national park tour.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 05:33 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Neil -- At any open ASForums window, look at the blue bar about the 3rd row down from "The Airstream Knowledge Sharing Forums" title at the top. On the blue bar towards the right, click on "Search." You want the box to open that says, "Search Forums." Click in the white space in that box to activate the insert point (flashing vertical bar). Type one destination onto that line and click "Go."

The window will change to a listing of articles that have that as a keyword. This post of yours is the most recent so it shows up on top. Before you open any -- move the mouse cursor to highlight the message title, and then right-click (click the right mouse button). A little menu will drop down. Select the 2nd "Open in New Window" option; this will leave your search page intact while it opens the selected Forums thread for your review. Note that the search keyword is accented in Red in any thread you open this way.

Take a look at the COArgosy78 post from last September for starters. Or any of them if you want to cover all possibilities. Change your search word or words; Bryce & Zion are so often included in the same message I don't know if you'll end up with different results -- but you never know until you try it.

Enjoy! Sounds like a great time for a trip.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:36 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Try www.recreationmaps.gov it is a grreat site to find camping information