Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
Oxblood

2003 34' Classic
Austin , Texas
Wink British Columbia Bound and grateful

Just a note of thanks to all of you dear AS'ers who responded to my questions w/ an enormous wealth of information which was not only helpful but funny and entertaining as well--hope we can respond in kind some day when we get to hit the open road in our Classic for longer than 4 days--one more ?--are all the provincial parks in Canada w/o electric hookups? And would solar panels and how many enable us to stay comfortably in one? Oxblood
oxblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Some electricity...

Ox-

Get AAA or other guidebook for campgrounds in area, and "Parks Canada" publishes one as well... Usually only the largest include electricity, and many have overflow park areas that are really just large parking lots... Solar could work, but that far north sun is low in sky even though it's up a long time, though many of the park sites are also filled with large and lovely trees.. (The Anti-Sun..)

I'd consider small generator like Honda Eu 1000, which will easily recharge batteries in a couple hours, either through transformer or with DC hookup wires direct to battery terminals.. Be wary of gas cans, however, and consider buying a real little one, which stays empty when you're planning on boarding a Ferry, as both WA State Ferries and BC Ferries prohibit gas in plastic or metal containers on their boats... We've "donated" 2 full cans over 5 trips to the area... For some reason, gas already in the Generator is OK...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Try this link ... http://www.camping.bc.ca

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMcG
Ox-

I'd consider small generator like Honda Eu 1000, which will easily recharge batteries in a couple hours, either through transformer or with DC hookup wires direct to battery terminals.. Be wary of gas cans, however, and consider buying a real little one, which stays empty when you're planning on boarding a Ferry, as both WA State Ferries and BC Ferries prohibit gas in plastic or metal containers on their boats... We've "donated" 2 full cans over 5 trips to the area... For some reason, gas already in the Generator is OK...

John McG
Or a small syphon. I've got a 37gallon gas tank on my tow vehicle
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
dont forget that only chocolate milk is allowed in provincial parks...

norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote