Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
Branson, Mo

I have a confrence at Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale Mo, i think close to Branson, Table Rock Lake...does anyone know of a place to park that is close to this Lodge...it is a Bass Pro property and it is a "Pond Boss" Conference to be held in mid sept...any thoughts.... thanks

seashores
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I'm not sure where Table Rock Lake is, but last winter on the way home from California, we stopped in for a few days in Branson.

We stayed at a City run campground that is right downtown in Branson (Old part of town, not "the strip!") and it was a five minute walk from a huge new hotel/shopping/restaurant area and a Bass Pro Outlet store. I forget the name of the campground (could find it if you want) but its on Boxcar Willy Drive.

The folks that run it (City Employees) were very helpful. Not too much there in the way of facilities, but there are level pull thru sites, it is handy to everything, and it is reasonably prices. I would stay there again - and likely will!

Our site was right on the water. Looks like a river, but it is a lake. It is called Lake Taneycomo is something similar as I recall

Brian

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We host two rally events each year in Branson, MO in April and October. I would recommend avoiding the strip if you want to be able to move relatively easy with the trailer, and not worry about traffic. There are many parks that are not very far from the strip that will work nicely. For the price, we like Branson Stagecoach, but have also stayed at Compton Ridge.

Make sure you check out the Legends Show while in town since it is run by an Airforums member.

Steve
Old 07-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Sunrise Beach , Missouri
Branson Campground

We have had two Airstream Branson rallies at the Branson Stagecoach RV park located on SR165 near the Bass Pro facility. The folks that run it are very accomodating and Airstream friendly. Our next rally is in early October. Their phone number is 800-446-7110. Plan on spending a couple of extra days in Branson if you have the time. There are lots of good shows and great eating spots. There is an excellent barbeque place between Stagecoach and Branson that you would enjoy. Hope you enjoy you trip there.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
If you go up to the "reviews" button and then to the Midwest area there are a couple of campground reviews for Branson campgrounds. One, I believe, is called Shoels??spelling may not be right. They show pics and reviews from some of us.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
What Soldiermedic and Wolverine said. Great place to stay.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
We camped at Branson Shenanigans RV park a couple years ago. The owners and staff were really friendly and helpful. This RV park is just a couple blocks of the west end of the strip and within walking distance of a couple shows. The park is hilly with a lot of trees, but has nice level sites. If we to back to Branson, we will most likely stay there again.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #8

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
The two closest campgrounds I can think of are Table Rock State Park and Stagecoach. Both are on highway 165 which can quickly get you over to highway 65. Just a short drive for you to get to Big Cedar. No traffic to speak of.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #9

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
The two closest campgrounds I can think of are Table Rock State Park and Stagecoach. Both are on highway 165 which can quickly get you over to highway 65. Just a short drive for you to get to Big Cedar. No traffic to speak of.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is online now   Reply With Quote