Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' Flying Cloud
Naples , Florida
Boulder, Colorado...Ideas?

I need to spend three days in Boulder, CO the end of this month (Aug 30-Sep 2) and after two hours on the internet all I can find is St. Vrain CG in Longmont--a 35-minute drive to Boulder. That's manageable but not ideal--have any of you found a place closer in to Boulder? All I need is electric.
(I gather the Boulder Fairground CG is pretty crummy).
Thanks!
Barretta2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barretta2 View Post
I need to spend three days in Boulder, CO the end of this month (Aug 30-Sep 2) and after two hours on the internet all I can find is St. Vrain CG in Longmont--a 35-minute drive to Boulder. That's manageable but not ideal--have any of you found a place closer in to Boulder? All I need is electric.
(I gather the Boulder Fairground CG is pretty crummy).
Thanks!
That is about as close as you'll get unless you want to be in a mobile home park with mostly permanent RV residents. Those vary greatly.

Here is another park with RV spots, but I don't know if there are any hookups at all.

http://www.longmontcolorado.gov/depa...ities-at-union

If there are not any activities at the Fair Grounds, that might not be so bad. I used to live about 1 1/2 from there but never bothered to check it out. There are probably some ratings on the internet
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Take a look at B&B RV park on Hwy 52 and E County Line Rd east of Longmont. Doesn't look too bad from GOOGLE Earth.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
Take a look at B&B RV park on Hwy 52 and E County Line Rd east of Longmont. Doesn't look too bad from GOOGLE Earth.

Unless it has changed in the last 18 months, it is primarily a mobile home park with some RV spots that are usually occupied by full timers. I would prefer a 15 min longer drive to stay at St Vrain State Park. St vrain is very close to I-25, however a lot of RV parks are close to Interstates. There are RV parks in the area but they are further north along I-25 and in Loveland. If I were doing this and wanted to be closer to Boulder, I'd search the members list here, and look for someone in boulder who says he has RV guest parking.

Ken
Old 08-19-2016, 06:39 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Re: Standley Lake Regional Park Campground, Westminster, CO

We researched Standley Lake Regional Park Campground for a future trip, but we have NOT stayed there. Please note that this campground does NOT have hookups or a dump station. However, it might be a little closer than St. Vrain State Park.

Last year, we drove through St. Vrain; and it is very nice. One section of the campground is older and has mature trees and lots of shade; and the other side is newer and has no shade. However, one loop has electric, and another has full hookups. Plus, there is a dump station available. I think the restroom/shower facilities are new (or refurbished) since the big floods a couple of years ago.

See details on both campgrounds below:

==========

Standley Lake Regional Park Campground
Westminster, CO

GPS: 39° 52.628'N 105° 7.702'W

Description condensed from Website text:

Campground accommodates campers, trailers and tents, with several sites along the waterside. Park has two restroom facilities with outdoor showers and drinking water. All campsites have fire pits and picnic tables. No hookups and no dump station.

Camping May 1 through Sept. 29 on a first-come, first-serve basis except for holiday weekends, when park is open only to season permit holders. Reservations not accepted. No refunds. Pets welcome, but they are not permitted in the water at any time and must remain on a leash.

This is a NO ALCOHOL park. See additional rules on Website, including details on 14-day stay limit.

Rate: $19/night.

Website: http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/Park...alPark/Camping

Reviews:

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...-regional-park

==========

St. Vrain State Park Campground
3525 CO-119 (3525 Weld County Road 24 1/2)
Longmont, CO 80504
303-485-0186

GPS: 40° 10.076'N 104° 59.482'W

Formerly known as "Barbour Ponds". Electric-only loop has graded dirt roads with water spigots scattered throughout area, and pit toilets. Full-hookup loop has paved roads, flush toilets and pay showers. Dump station near entrance. Good OTA TV, cellphone and mobile broadband signals.

Rate: $26/day, electric only. $30/day, full hookups (2014).

Website: http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/pa...s/Camping.aspx

Reviews:

TripAdvisor.com: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Colorado.html
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #6
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Fairgrounds is fine for 3 days. But it is actually in Longmont, not actually in Boulder. Also they no longer do reservations, first come first serve.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:39 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes755 View Post
Fairgrounds is fine for 3 days. But it is actually in Longmont, not actually in Boulder. Also they no longer do reservations, first come first serve.
Gary,
What do think of B&B mobile home and RV park at Hwy 52 and county Line road?

Ken
Old 08-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #8
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Ken you description was spot on. It's a place to stay, looks ok from the road, haven't driven in.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote