Old 05-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #673
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Bulls eye

GO here to see to see our C-130 doing Trane commerial two weeks or so ago. Now showing on the weather Channel.
Intense Heat Testing - YouTube

jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #674
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
More from the olden days

Do any of you remember when flying was first class fun.When you could go to the gate to meet or see your folks off on a REAL flight?Like going some place in your Airstream all first class.
When folks dressed up to go.NO TSA NO long lines.NO being loaded like cattle in a truck on the way to slotter pens..Just a good adventure.
This is from my days working for America Airlines as a mechanic in late 1950s and early 1960s.
I started in 1957 as a JR Mechanic for $2.13 per hour.I worked lots of over time and made $10,000 my first year and was in tall cotten.
(Photo 1) The pride of the fleet a DC-7
(Photo 2) The cabin of the DC-7.Note every one is dressed up.This was for real.We realy did dress up.
(Photo 3) The beverage list.
(Photo 4) For your dinning pleasure.Gulf shrimp,Filet migon,Stuffed Baked patato,Buttercotch sunday and a dinner mint.(Click photo and slide rt to read.)Now that was the GOOD life,in the olden days.
BOOTS,CHAPS AND A COWBOY HAT...NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amerixcan airlines DC-7   #1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	157449   Click image for larger version

Name:	american airlines DC-7  #2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	157450  

Name:	american airlines DC-7 2  #3.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	157451   Click image for larger version

Name:	american airlines DC-7 #4.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	157452  

Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #675
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Good Morning. Just wanted to say hi and let you know we check your thread every morning. We are fine and in the travelincan in Port Townsend. Stay out of trouble. Mike
Old 05-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #676
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Work?

Well I woke up above ground again today and that is always a good start.If you wake up with durt in your face you know you have had a bad night.
Started today off by taking the trailer to the dump station to off load the sh...Then came to wash the sheets and work clothing.After I get done with that I will go cut the grass,oh aint this boondocking life grate.
I had to give up this passed week and take my dinette and sofa in to get it uppolstered.Should get it back next week.
The last few weeks I have been working on the new parts room with it new Aisle Saver storage system.I sure cant beleave how nice it works. (See photos)
ALL YOU FOLKS WITH SILVER BULLETS TIME TO MOUNT UP,LETS RIDE, SHOOT STRAGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH! HI HO SILVER AWAY.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	part room 001.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	158124   Click image for larger version

Name:	part room 002.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	158125  

Name:	part room 003.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	158126   Click image for larger version

Name:	part room 004.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	158127  

Old 05-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #677
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
If you wake up tomorrow with dirt on your face, can I have yer toolkit??? If I wake up tomorrow with dirt on my face, you can disregard this request...seems only fair...m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #678
4 Rivet Member

1998 28' Excella
Dolores , Colorado
Like the bins but bet they cost $$$$.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #679
2 Rivet Member

Flora Vista , New Mexico
Saw your post on the air travel. I hate flying anymore. Last time I did I realized i was in the wrong century. I did wear a three piece suit as It was not a pleasure trip, and children hid behind their mothers--maybe they thought i was an FBI agent or a lawyer... it couldnt have been my look of extreme anger on my face at being molested by TSA....

I fondly remember as a little kid going to the Airport (BTM) which was a Swiss Chalet style with a deck that led to the field... before all the security, and one elderly retired cop for the security and waiting for my dad to come home, which was always in a suit and tie. (He worked for the Anaconda Company, later part of ARCO). Service I remember was Western and Northwest. You could always tell a Western Pilot because he didnt circle trying to figure out how to land. Delta and Northwest alwasy did. I liked to fly as a kid and eat with real silverware. Even in Europe with a nice bottle of wine with something dead in jelly KLM could put on a good feed even on a short Amsterdam to Stuttgart hop.

The last time I was on the Tarmac i was hauling "bodies" out of a C130 as part of a terrorist exercise. Lemme tell you a backboard is no substitute for a WWII stretcher, and TSA only got in the way. I never got to use a C130 in the wild, I remember a P-3 and a couple of P2V Neptunes, and what is worse not one of my pictures of those pulling out over my head after a bomb run ever turned out. Kind of hard to take pics and tell air attack if the retardant is hitting the target at the same time.

How much does your C130 carry now? The P2V's did 2000 gallons, I cant remember what the PB4Ys carried, and i remember(about 10 years ago) an ancient piston powered DC4 (I think) That had about 3000 gallons (may be wrong on that) that flew with the windows opened out of Grangeville Idaho taht you could hear about 20 minutes before it was ready to make its run.

One of the best days I had was sitting on a mountain monitoring a fire watching the bombers (I refuse to call them Tankers unless im talking to them) flying a racetrack pattern out of Missoula to Monture Creek at about 5 minute intervals. I could hear Airguard on my handheld and watched C130s, that DC? and the P2Vs do that all day starting at 0900 and ending just before dusk. THey saved my butt more than once also.
Thanks for keeping the heavies flying - we dont have near enough of them. A SEAT just dont cut it....
Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #680
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Hey Jim! We are so glad that you are doing well and enjoying being back to work! We need to give Min a call.

We will certainly miss camping with you on the Rim this summer.

We hope you have a great summer and hope to see you one of these days.

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #681
2 Rivet Member

Flora Vista , New Mexico
I think Jimmini is going to be busy for a while and we probly wont see an update for a bit. For those following the thread in general a P2V Neptune crashed on a fire in Utah killing both pilots. That company was Neptune Aviation out of Missoula. Usually when a fatal accident happens the Feds slam the barn door shut on the empty stall and order extra inspections and make a general fuss to appear effective. Initial reports suggest the wing-tip impacted the ground. The Heavy fire-bomber (Airtanker) fleet is antiquated and its folks like Jimmini that keep these in one piece and flying. Please keep folks like Jimmini and his co-workers in your prayers. They are part of a huge machine that is protecting us from an enemy we can never defeat: Nature.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #682
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
I stopped by Jimmini's house last week and the Mrs. Was home. She let me know that Jimmini is doing well and dry camping near Greer, AZ. He is on a hiatus from his work in CA until they receive new funding for the project he is working on. He currently has no Internet access, hence his absence from the forums. He is doing well and I am sure kicking ass & taking names!

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #683
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Knowing that the folks are is good to know... old folks require an occasional check-up just to verify that the dirt hasn't yet hit the coffin...I love my friends, and 4CU has provided me with an abundance...my white elephant exceeds my last gift, and I can hardly wait to have it opened... batteries will be provided...it's so awful that it will be well-received...you have NO IDEA what a thrift store can provide!!! January/December is anxiously anticipated...may the best person win...m
Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #684
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Glad to here all is well....miss his posts, jim
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #685
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Talked with Jimmie last week. He is back in Ca. He didn't have a computer and didn't know if he was going to keep up the thread, but he is doing fine. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything. Mike
Old 10-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #686
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Thanks for the update, Mike...tell the old fart 'Howdy' for us, and love to Min...m