Old 06-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #547
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Hi

HI it's a better day most folks have gone home.
BUT it has been a bad week to the southeast of us in the White Mountains.Two of the biggest wildfires in Arizona's history are burnin at the same time. (#2 and #6 in size)ALL the campground in that area have been evaquated and closed.I hear that some campgronds have been lost.ALL campgrounds in the high counter are now under fire ristrictions,NO fires allowed.It is now getting into the 70s and the winds are still blowing 20+ mile per hour.NOT GOOD.
The biggest troublemaker you'll ever deal with watches you shave his face every morning.

jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #548
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Fires

Well the fires to the southeast of us rages on out of control.The Wallow Fire has 2315 fire personnel battling the over 233,522 acre fire(Now #2 largest in Arizona history.)Over 2200 residents evacuated from Alpine,Greer,Sunrise Park,Nutrioso and the other areas around them.With zero contanment the blaze continues to advance to the north and northwest pushed by 40 mile per hour winds.
In southeastern corner of Arizona the "Horseshoe Two" fire has growen to over 100,200 acres.(Now 5th largest in AZ histor)With 55 percent containment.
This year's La Nina weather patterns have made for the "Perfect Storm"fire season. This year is worse than it has been in over a decade,thanks to 12 years of drought,as well as dry vegetation, warmer temperatures and lots of "wind events".That no Honky Tonk lie.
Sometimes we have winter all summer and summer all winter.It's mighty reguar about not raining though.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #549
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
I went up to Jimmie's campground yesterday to see how he was doing. The only complaint he had was that he is board. He had a grand total of two campers in his campground. What a deal. I hear next year he will be in Spillway and Sheri and I will be in his. Ha Ha... Come visit us in Spillway. Just give us a call, we have room in our site.. Mike and Sheri
Old 06-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #550
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Fire

Well the Wallow Fire just keeps getting bigger.
The boots I came in have always stood their ground.But remember before you speak your mined and cuss the boss saddle a fast horse.
Well I am the management of the Apache-Sitgreaves forests for their poor judgment. The Wallow Fire might not have come to pass IF they had put the fire restriction in on the 20th of May like they had announced,But lifted that order that Fri. morning.The Wallow Fire started on 29 May, BUT they DID NOT put fire restrictions on till 3 Jun.With the "wind events" we had what where they thinking?Our government working at its best?
I hope China will loan OUR Government the money to put out the fires.
Before you criticize someone,you should walk a mile in their shoes.That way,when you criticize them your a mile away and have their shoes.But a Fast horse beats walking.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #551
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Nice day

Well it is a nice day today.The high 78 F the low tonight around 44F wind 5 to 13 MPH.So I am going to sit.Have a nice day I am.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #552
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
34 this am...warmed up to 55...only one busted pipe, till I fixed it, the next one was beyond my expertise...anyone wanna come up here and fix it??? Didn't think so...picked up Max yesterday, from the Wallyworld parking lot in Durango...caught the shuttle van...I was the only passenger...$40, but the entertainment was priceless...m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #553
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Rim time?

Just saw the weather forecast for next week...110 by Thursday me thinks its time to go visit my friends on the Rim. Anyone else?

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #554
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I would love to get out of this heat already but alas, stuck here at the new job. Too bad I love it so much here.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #555
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Silverton is kinda surrounded by rims, and at 9300 feet holds the temps down nicely....4th of july is fast approachin ...we have chairs, tables, and an easy up that didn't easy-down last year...still in the font yard fearing for it's somewhat dated life...oh, I got parts...a little disassembly might be required...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #556
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Just home from spending 5 nights up on the Rim with Jim n Min. Jim's campground is now closed due to the high fire danger. Jim will be parked at Canyon Point until/if we get some rain then he can open back up.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #557
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Julianne... glad you were able to get up to the Rim and see Jim & Min. Wow! We didn't realize the campgrounds up there were getting closures...I guess we need to look on line and see what's up. We went to a couple of campgrounds after Flagstaff (Pinegrove near Flag) and then Rock Crossing NE of Clint's Well. It was very dry, no fires or charcoal, and was getting pretty warm. We talked about dropping down to the Rim above Payson, but decided we'd better come home ...to 112 degree temps! Argh! Must be even worse in Phx. We'll try to get up to the Rim later in the summer I reckon.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #558
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
FIRE Conditions BAD

Well we had to close and move out of Mogollon campgound last Tue.Moved to Canyon Point campground because of the fire danger.Sure do need some rain.The only campgrounds open in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest are Canyon Point,Sinkhole,Rim,Aspen,Spillway and the 2 grounp campgrounds Crook and Woods Canyon.NO Fires are allowed.You are not allowed outside a developed campsite.You are not allowed to walk,hike,bike or travel on the trail systems.At Willow Springs and Woods Canyon lake boaters are allowed to be on the water but are not allowed on the shoreline except the are adjacent to the boat ramp.Anglers are allowed to fish from the shoeline only along the developed day use areas.The Forests is CLOSED TO ALL PUBLIC ENTRY.
Right now it looks like non of the campgrounds east of Show Low will open before 15th of July because of the Wallow fire and no rain.They are afaid when the rain comes to the burn area of the hillside sliding ect.
ME I am now helping working the entery gate at Rocky Point day use picnic area at Woods Canyon Lake.It is open 8AM to 8 PM and the Forest Service now requires some one to be there while it is open.
Country fences need to be horse high,pig tight and bull strong.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #559
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Rain

Well yesterday and today we got a little rain it made mud out of the dust in the rain gage BUT it is a start less than 1/4 " here at Canyon Point but about 1/2" over at Aspen,Spillway and Rocky Point
Lighting hit a tree and it fell over by Mikee at Spillway.
Well I hope it rains every Day so I can get back to my campground. I am NOT cut out to work in a booth like Rocky Point has. That ain't no honky tonk lie.
Always remember you're unique.Just like everyone else.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #560
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
4th was spectacular...we enjoyed WAY too much food with Jim&Lou from here and Ajo...fireworks were great, and it was a 3 pillow night from all the food...so far, we have avoided the fires, and my boots are dusty, but uncharred...have to do the big box store tomorrow(oh joy), but driving an unlicensed, unregistered vehicle should add a bit of spice to an otherwise dull life...can I go camping, now???m