Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #225
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Ya know, EVERYONE deserves a bb shot in tha' butt...didn't improve my attitude, but it sure improved my aim!!!

We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #226
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I can't speak for you, Mike but I know my backside target back then was a lot smaller than it is now and I guess that coincides with my eyesight being worse now so I guess it all balances out in the end, so to speak.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #227
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Q

Well tomorrow it is pack up and go home for Chistmas.Then down to Picacho Peak State Park for the 4CU New Years rally.Then back home to restock with Clamato Cocktail and back out here to the BIG Q to take up my practice of "Survival boondocking".
Just for you folks that are beleavers in "Survival Boondocking" and after having one generator stolen 2 years ago from a "SAFE" campground here is how I slowed them down.
I mounted my generator on a plate.I then park the trailer wheel on the plate.Then put my alarm-it cable on with the flashing red light.If they cut the cable a alarm goes off and it is hard for them to run with the generator when the trailer is sitting on it.
Well I wish you all a MERRY CHISTMAS (even if it is politically incorrect) and a grate New Years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEN.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	92671  
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #228
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
I'm more worried about that 12 gauge alarm...
Old 12-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #229
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Merry Christmas Jimmini, hope to see you at Picacho.

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
You guys got Christmas presents when you were kids? What, was the "naughty" meter broken in your house? Geesh, we got one gift, other than clothes (socks and underwear, and not necessarily both in the same year).

I have one memorable gift remembrance - when we were six my parents took in a large group of children who were "between homes". A bunch of beds were set up in the basement of our home a row down each side and a big curtain hung down the middle. A couple of day thing and I don't remember the exact reasoning that all these children, mostly quite young, were suddenly needing a place a day before Christmas. On Christmas eve one of my uncles who worked in a large department store and my father went down late to the store with the managers permission and picked out one gift for each of the kids. My mom, grandmother and oldest sister wrapped gifts and name tagged them and when we got up in the morning there was this huge pile of gifts under the tree. Every one there got a gift from Santa. Many of the little kids had never had a Christmas gift. I still look back with wonder at how incredible that day was. My dad sat down and called out each persons name and they'd get their package and open it up (rip it open would be the operating word) and their was so much noise and excitement I have never experienced a Christmas like that since. That was the best gift looking back that I ever got - mine happened to be a highly prized Zorro sword.

I do remember getting a rocket ship transistor radio that clipped on to the water pipe when I was about 10 and a Lionel train set when I was 12 but it was a shared gift with my brother and sisters. At 14 I got a 22 single shot and shooting lessons. Still have it. From my Dad. My Mom was shocked (this IS Canada you know, eh?). My brother was so jealous I guess that was another present.

With that, Jim and Min, you guys have a safe journey to do the Christmas thing with your family, and then to Pistachio (OK, it sounds like that in my mind and is easier to spell check).
Old 12-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #231
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
New tires

Well today I replaced my H78-15 ST Tow Master tire with a new set of ST225/75R15 Tow Masters WITH OUT the white walls.Sure am going to miss the while walls.Old tire where made Oct 01.Not bad they lasted 8 years.NOW THAT IS SURVIVAL Boondocking
Old 12-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #232
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini View Post
Well today I replaced my H78-15 ST Tow Master tire with a new set of ST225/75R15 Tow Masters WITH OUT the white walls.Sure am going to miss the while walls.Old tire where made Oct 01.Not bad they lasted 8 years.NOW THAT IS SURVIVAL Boondocking

So, baby got a new pair of shoes for Christmas. Good for you.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #233
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Jim-
Attached Images

Richard

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #234
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Gonna miss the whitewalls, but since you polished that piece of my rig, I'll paint yer new tires for free...turnabout and all that...I'll even pick up a can of that discount white at the dented can store!!!...uhm, can I borrow a brush...?

Barry,
A touching relation of life...thanks for sharing it in such a compassionate way...I broke my rocket ship radio the first day, and the Lionel was my brother's, but he got a new one...my grandad on my Mom's side gave me an Ithaca 22 top load/single shot/lever action when I was 12...gave me lessons, and a firm respect for firearms...hadn't forgot any of that, but your reminder was quite a refreshing trip down the narrowing memory lanes...
Old 12-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #235
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
New Years

Well now that Christmas is over and I have nothing to return to the stores, I guess that it is time to get my STUFF back in the trailer and get on my way to the 4CU New Years rally at Picacho Peak SP.Right now it looks like I will go down on Tuesday but like my life this is subject to change with out notice.
After the 4CU rally it will be back to the BIG Q around January 4th or 5th.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #236
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Well you have a safe trip Jim and Min. Glad you were able to deal with the mass of post Christmas shoppers out there in the CG. I suppose that would have been Mike causing all the commotion????? Just a wild guess of course.

With so much of the cental and eastern US and Canada experiencing really bad weather it is just nice to know that you guys can travel unhindered and safely to the next partah.

Barry
Old 12-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #237
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Unfortunately, I'm out here with Jim's plywood and rocks...he didn't leave me anything else to play with...had to buy my own veggie juice and everything...now I've got to pack up and head down the road for yet ANOTHER 4CU rally or two...this life in the fast lane stuff is quite a challenge...got showered today, and even dressed myself!...and in THAT order...Bob&Lou showed us a great place to eat...and we did...and we brought the other half home...Milo&Karen should show up tomorrow...we already have the permit, but I have to keep Milo on a leash...
Old 12-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #238
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
Unfortunately /snip/ I have to keep Milo on a leash...
Mike,

Just let crazy people be. Lot less work on your part and you usually get to see a show.

Practice this line. "I don't know who they are/were/or went officer."

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is online now   Reply With Quote