Here are some of you camping options in Quartzsite.
The big Q has quite a few full hook-up trailer parks from low to moderate priced.
There are no upscale parks with golf courses and palm trees in Q.
Most folks choose to boondock on the BLM land.(Bureau of Land Management)In Quartzsite the BLM has two types of campgrounds,FREE areas where you can stay for 14 days and LTVA (Long Term Visitor Area)where you can stay from 15 Sept.to 15 Apr. for $180 or buy 14 day permits for $40 with the option to purchase an unlimited number of additional permits.
The FREE areas have nothing,no tables,no toilets,no water,no trash service and no dump.You just find a place you like and set up camp.In Q there are places like the RV Pit Stop that sell propane,water and have dump and trash for just a few $$.
The free areas are.
(1) Plomosa Road located about 5.5 miles north of Q off of US 95 You can camp on both the North and south side of Plomosa RD I like this area.
(2) Hi Joly located about 3 miles North of Q.I do not like this site to small with to many people camping there.
(3) Dome Rock Mountain located about 6 miles west of Q off I-10.For me it is to close to I-10 road nose.
(4) Scaddan Wash about 3.5 miles East off of I-10 frontage rd.
(5) Road Runner located about 5 miles South on 95.This is a good area.This is the area we use for the 4CU Thanksgiving Rally.
Then there is the LTVA,there are 4,2 on the East side of 95 South of Q.La Posa North and La Posa South.La Posa south is where the dump station and water are that you can use with the purches of either LTVA permits.
On the west side of 95 are La Posa west and La Posa Tyson Wash.We use La Posa Tyson Wash as it seems to have the fewest campers.
Here are a few ways to boondock in the big Q.
(Photo 1) Boondocking in you little house.
(Photo 2) Boondocking in you Airstream MOHO.
(Photo 3) Boondocking in your Squarstream.
(Photo 4) Boondocking water pump This was wrong photo put can not remove.
(Photo 5) Boondocking in your sail boat.
(photo 6) Boondocking in you PU camper.
(Photo 7) Boondocking in your BIG MOHO.
(Photo 8) Boondocking in your Van and Tee Pee.
Remember you can click on photos to make them BIGGER.