Old 12-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #1051
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, on Christmas day, December 25th, we were welcomed to the neighborhood and given our only Christmas gift. Asian Pear Butter.

New house next door, not finished yet.

Airstream put to sleep for the winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03791.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	202482   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03792.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	202483  

Name:	DSC03779.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	202484   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03787.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	202485  

Name:	DSC03788.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	202486  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #1052
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, today we broke another record; This is the longest traveled day in the history of Bob, Lee Lee, and Boo-Boo. We left Salem, Oregon at about 6:15 AM and arrived in Lakewood, California at 10:45 PM tonight. [Note: This was sans trailer]
Hi, on the 26th we headed for home. [Lakewood] We left early in the morning on a very cold and foggy day. It was virtually 31 degrees all through Oregon. Being very cautious while driving in the fog and hoping to not find any ice, we got another unexpected surprise. About 20 miles from home on I-5 South, there was a small SUV to my left and slightly ahead of me. He suddenly went to the left of the left lane and stopped on the freeway. As I noticed him make a odd maneuver I also noticed a tire/wheel assembly going from the left lane to the right lane, like a Hockey Puck. As I watched this object sliding my way, wondering what was going to happen if I hit it, the tire seemed to have changed directions and I was able to drive around it on the right. Mine, and Lee Lee's hearts got revved up. That was very close. We both saw it coming and didn't know what to expect. If hit, it might have flipped my Lincoln or God knows what. Late that night, we safely made it home.

Another trip, although not necessarily random. Thank You for coming with us and hope seeing that wheel sliding like a Hockey Puck across the freeway, in front of us, on a cold wet, foggy morning didn't scare you too much.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 12-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #1053
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I forgot to mention it, but it was 85 degrees in Lakewood today.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 12-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #1054
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Holy cow!!! Jim
Old 12-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #1055
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Congratulations on starting the move to the new house and the first use of your snow brush/scraper. Everything looks good. Now you have to buy the houses nearby that obstruct your view of the hills and trees and tear the houses down.

We know what it is like sitting on camp chairs in a new houses until we get everything moved. We also have a propane fireplace, so I won't have to cut wood anymore. Of course, the wood is free if you don't count the chainsaw, gas and oil and chains. Winterizing is a lot easier the 2nd time, but summerizing takes more time flushing the fresh water tank 3 times.

Welcome to winter. Now you need a snow shovel, down jacket, gloves, wool hat, snow tires and 4WD. I've always thought I would live in Oregon someday, but I don't think it is going to happen unless I go to nursing home there. I've been getting senior discounts for a long time, but they still want me to pay sales tax.

Have you got the Lakewood house on the market yet? Are you staying there until it sells?

Gene
Old 12-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #1056
Rivet Master

1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
Bob...

I'm not sure, but you might be on the wrong side of the Cascades. Is your new house in the Willamette Valley?

Actually I love it there too - raised my two boys in Corvallis.

Cheers,
Poppy
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #1057
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Congratulations on starting the move to the new house and the first use of your snow brush/scraper. Everything looks good. Now you have to buy the houses nearby that obstruct your view of the hills and trees and tear the houses down.

We know what it is like sitting on camp chairs in a new houses until we get everything moved. We also have a propane fireplace, so I won't have to cut wood anymore. Of course, the wood is free if you don't count the chainsaw, gas and oil and chains. Winterizing is a lot easier the 2nd time, but summerizing takes more time flushing the fresh water tank 3 times.

Welcome to winter. Now you need a snow shovel, down jacket, gloves, wool hat, snow tires and 4WD. I've always thought I would live in Oregon someday, but I don't think it is going to happen unless I go to nursing home there. I've been getting senior discounts for a long time, but they still want me to pay sales tax.

Have you got the Lakewood house on the market yet? Are you staying there until it sells?

Gene
I lived further north in western Washington for 50 years and never owned a snow shovel. Generally in 24-48 hours, it will rain and wash it all away. I think the Willamette Valley is similar.

Ken
Old 12-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #1058
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hi there.. love that new house!!! and that was not the usual weather you experienced... it only happens once in a while!!!...
I really like your new city.. can't figure out where your house is??? west of the river??
So, are you staying south until that one sells??? What about Casini!!! Oh, you should be up here by then... when you come back we'll plan for a visit!! All right, keep having fun..hugs and love to you guys... Gracie says hi to BooBoo...
Old 12-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #1059
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Anytime someone says it hardly ever snows here, I expect a blizzard followed by floods after the rains that wash the snow away. Besides, if you go into the mountains a shovel can be helpful. And if you go near the legislature, a shovel is also useful. How about earthquakes and volcanoes? A shovel is good to get rid of the ash from volcanoes.

An all purpose tool every household should not do without.

Gene
Old 12-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #1060

Oregon Weather

In Sept 2007 we were coming home from the Seattle area via highway 101. The weather was beautiful. We arrived at Ft Stevens in the afternoon. It was our first planned stop and we expected to stay a few days. We got our bikes out and rode on the very nice paths around the park. Although the weather on the coast was forecast to be great for at least a few days, we awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of heavy rain. In the morning we checked the forecast and found the weather on the coast was now going to stink for the next few days. However, the Willamette valley was going to be very nice. So we drove down to Newport and then over to Eugene. The weather was beautiful and forecast to stay that way. We found a spot in a nice RV Park and planned to see the sights.
The next morning I looked out the window and found that I could not see the other end of the campground because of dense fog. A check of the new forecast said it was going to be foggy and rainy for the next couple days. So we got organized and headed over the mountains to the Bend area where it was supposed to be beautiful weather for a while. We found a place in a very nice state park and found the weather to be sunny and warm, so we settled in. This time the forecast was correct and we had a few fun good weather days before we continued on home.

The moral of this? Anywhere west of the Cascades, you can't trust the weather forecasts. If anyone tells you it doesn't rain often, don't buy the Narrows bridge from them. This advice is not just based on this trip, but also on 50 years as a resident of western Washington and a degree in meteorology..

However, even with this in mind, I would move to the Willamette valley in a split second if I could convince my wife.

Ken
Old 12-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #1061
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
I think the new digs have been approved by "Dusty."

Thanks for taking us along.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #1062
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
The moral of this? Anywhere west of the Cascades, you can't trust the weather forecasts. If anyone tells you it doesn't rain often, don't buy the Narrows bridge from them. This advice is not just based on this trip, but also on 50 years as a resident of western Washington and a degree in meteorology.

Ken, you sure have that right.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #1063
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
I would move to the Willamette valley in a split second if I could convince my wife.

Ken
Ken, we could move there together and leave our wives in Colorado.

On 2nd thought, strike that.

Gene
Old 12-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Ken, we could move there together and leave our wives in Colorado.

On 2nd thought, strike that.

Gene
Thanks for having the second thought. I was starting to get concerned.

I once asked Susan, "If I moved back to the west coast, would you follow me?"

She said, "Probably..... after a while."

I guess that's better than, "NO"

Ken