Old 06-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #953
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosm1o View Post
Gene , not on a Princess ship, ha ha. You have to book on Carnival for that. Mostly older crowd on princess.
I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever get dragged onto a cruise ship.

Gene

Old 06-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #954
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Gene; Here is a picture of the Ice toilets.
Bob, now I know why you have over 4000 photos, you'll take pictures of almost anything Seriously though, keep on taking and sharing them, they are appreciated.

1997 25' Safari
2012 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
Duramax/Allison
dirigible25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #955
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Last day.

Hi, Well this was our last day, sort-of. We left Stockholm, Sweden and were headed back to Copenhagen, Denmark. There are hundreds of Islands in Sweden and I picked this one; Single family Island. Landed in Denmark and we were bussed to the airport. We miss placed our bus tickets so they accepted our ship passes. [saying we would not be able to save them for souvenirs] I don't care about those cards, we're going home. At the entrance to the airport was a scary statue of some sort. Maybe hoping that we wouldn't stop there. When we got to the Swedish airport, our luggage was in a parking garage and we had to pick them up and bring them to the check in desk. Here they asked for our ship cards to get our luggage, but I already gave those away to get on the bus. They accepted our Red #4 tags. Now we got rough directions on where to go and you have to check in by yourself. Well we tried one machine, but didn't know what we were doing, so it wouldn't work. We asked for help and the girl tried it and she couldn't get it to work either. She told us to go to the check in counter, but you can't get in there without your boarding pass. Finally we got some help as we were trying to do it ourselves. We got all the way to the last part which was to scan our passports. and the slot was taped shut. The second nice lady got it done for us. We checked out luggage and went to our gate. No-one there tells you to get on the plane; You have to watch the screen or miss your flight. We finally got on and were headed for home. [with one stop off] Our plane was packed. We were at 35,000 feet and at 520 MPH. They served us our meal. We had Pear juice, Dark Chocolate, and a Reindeer Wrap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02603RS.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	449.3 KB
ID:	189299   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02656RS.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	189300  

Name:	DSC02658RS.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	189301   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02659RS.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	189302  

Name:	DSC02665RS.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	189303  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #956
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Washington D.C.

Hi, our plane landed in Washington D.C. and we had about two hours to get to our next plane, but since this was our first stop in the USA, we had to go through customs. We first had to find our own luggage. You how long that can take. The we had to go through the search area. take out your electronics, remove shoes, belts, hats, empty all pockets and shove all of this through the scanner machine. Then you had to bring your luggage to the loading area. Next you have to line up and get you passports checked. This line was like 1,000 people trying to get through one door and was taking way too long. When we asked the woman in uniform, "What can we do, we are going to miss our flight", She said lots of other people are going to miss their flight too. [Thanks a lot, B****. We finally got through all of this mess with about five minutes left before lift off, and had to get to gate C-23. We literally ran about a quarter of a mile to get to our gate, dragging a carry on and carrying a full back pack. This is not a good thing for old people to have to do. We got on the plane and a few people came right after us and the door slammed shut. We are going to LAX.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #957
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
LAX Los Angeles International.

Hi, we made to LAX and now it was time to get our luggage and catch our shuttle bus and go home. Well we waited a long time and finally Lee Lee's luggage came out of the shoot. Where's mine? I waited as the conveyor was going round and round and it finally stopped. My luggage didn't come out. Other people were also waiting, so we went to the desk where the lady checked tags and told people that their luggage was on the next flight in, in about another hour. When I checked, I was asked where was the last place that I saw it. We both had our luggage on the same cart in D.C. and saw them put on the conveyor belt. She told me that they would find it and have it delivered to my house. We took our shuttle ride home. I was called and told that they could have my luggage delivered to me in about two and one half hours; Or about 2:30 AM. I was dead tried and asked them to deliver it in the morning. It was still locked and no damage. I jokingly tell people that my next cruise ship cruise will start, and finish, in Long Beach so we don't have to deal with airplanes and airports. We are home now and this adventure is over. Hope you all had a good time tagging along with us.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #958
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosm1o View Post
Bob, what was the weather like , overall? I was following on the web cam and they did post some temps. Is the weather better, say , in late summer or June when you went? Were euros accepted everywhere? How were prices ? Is there anything you would do differently?
Thanks, Kos
Hi, the weather was fine for most all of the trip. Once in Russia it tried to sprinkle and the last day at Sea, it sprinkled a little bit. Couldn't have asked for better weather.

Each Country had their own money and if we had known that most of them accepted Euros, we would have traded for some. We only traded for Kroners so we could get along while in Denmark, because we were on our own there. [for almost 3 days]

I would study up more on the tours and look up what they are talking about, to better decide which of the many tours to take. It comes down to what you want to see, or do, and how much you are willing to spend. On our first cruise we missed the famous "Three Coins in a Fountain" fountain; I forget the proper name for it. But, because an identical tour, for the same amount of time was $200.00 per person less. For $400.00, we can skip the famous fountain.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #959
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Bob, thanks for the photo of the ice "toilets". Would that be a four-holer?

Sorry to miss bikinis, but I'm told cruise ships have topless pools.

Gene
Hi, my wife might not let me go on that one.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #960
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstalzer View Post
Bob,

You must be the only one on the ship. Your pictures on the ship do not show any other passengers.

Dennis
Hi, this was when we were out at Sea and it was trying to rain. I try very hard to get some of my pictures without people obstructing the view. With literally thousands of tourists going around, it hard to get shots without them. I wait or shoot high. I also was purposely, the last person to leave the Ice Bar.

Here's a picture of the balloon party in the ship's theater. Just to show you a few people.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02392RS.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	189308  

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #961
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
Thanks for sharing all your photos as well as commentary. We have all enjoyed your trip through bite sized portions of your trips expansive photo library. We will leave it to Gene to pay you a visit and see the entire gallery.

Most importantly, you had a good time and are home safe and sound, welcome back to the good ol USA!

1997 25' Safari
2012 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
Duramax/Allison
dirigible25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #962
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Here we go again.

Hi, this time it was a last minute decision. Our trailer is being loaded, piece by piece. My hitch has been taken apart, cleaned, and lubed. The Lincoln was serviced. And Boo-Boo went to be groomed today. This is somewhat of a random trip because we have no real plans and no reservations, but that is our style. Our GPS will be set to Port Angeles, Washington. Hoping to make it there in three days, or four, maybe. Going to meet some very special Air Forums friends and possible meet some new ones.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #963
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lucky you. I'm jealous.

Have a great time!

Maggie
Old 06-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #964
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hi there you two...thx for sharing that nice trip... good piccy's!!!... I'm tired just reading the last part to get back home!!!! I'm still up here in Port Angeles... heading back to Astoria this morning... I'm planning to get back up here one more time before the "company" leaves so I may get to see the two of you... I'll follow your trip up... hugs to you guys... thx again for the "trip".. gail... Oh and yeah, they make the trailerrs park way out in the woods!!!! ahaha
Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #965
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, our trailer is loaded and my Lincoln is loaded. I took a few pictures, but my camera cord is in the trailer, so I can't down load them now. Things to remember in the morning: Bring Boo-Boo's water dish, [for in the trailer] bring Boo-Boo's water hole. [for in the Lincoln] Did I forget anything? Oh yea,................................................. Bring Boo-Boo.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #966

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Glad Boo Boo is going on this trip. I missed him on the cruise excursion!
I know you'll post photos when you get to Dan's.
I'm trusting you on this job!
Have a safe trip -
XOXO