Old 10-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #771
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Hey.. Your 5 minutes from my house.. come meet Sean and Kristy from the Long long honeymoon!

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #772
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
707-974-7613 if your still there...

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #773
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Bob, glad to see you've arranged for snow removal. I've seen the Google cars too and you describe them correctly. These must have cameras for the front and rear because some states don't have front plates.

Since Oregon has low speed limits they must catch a lot of people and especially those from out of state. In Colorado they have to serve you personally with the ticket and mail isn't good enough. But other states don't require that. We've never seen photo radar in Oregon, that must be a new state law. The law requires a marked police vehicle, a cop at the wheel and a warning sign prior to the radar unit. It only applies to about 15 cities and anyplace (except interstates) there is a work zone.

Gene
Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #774
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Bob, how'd the house hunting go??? Wow, I've never been thru that area with snow!!! Gene, when are you passing thru Astoria??? are you stopping ??? At Fort Stevens??? Did you get to visit with Dan and Irene??? too many questions... hugs from us, gail and crew...
Old 10-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #775
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
We will pass through Astoria. We may or may not stop depending how what we do in Washington in a semi-random way. We leave for the northwest tomorrow. I don't think we can catch Bob unless his Lincoln blows up in northern Cal.

Gene
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #776
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Hey.. Your 5 minutes from my house.. come meet Sean and Kristy from the Long long honeymoon!
Hi, Vinnie.That would have been great, But we left town about time you posted this. We'll just have to see their video on your work.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #777
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Bob, glad to see you've arranged for snow removal. I've seen the Google cars too and you describe them correctly. These must have cameras for the front and rear because some states don't have front plates.

Since Oregon has low speed limits they must catch a lot of people and especially those from out of state. In Colorado they have to serve you personally with the ticket and mail isn't good enough. But other states don't require that. We've never seen photo radar in Oregon, that must be a new state law. The law requires a marked police vehicle, a cop at the wheel and a warning sign prior to the radar unit. It only applies to about 15 cities and anyplace (except interstates) there is a work zone.

Gene
Hi, Gene. I had to re-read my post; It wasn't too clear. We were going South from Oregon and the radar/cameras were in Northern California.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #778
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
I don't think we can catch Bob unless his Lincoln blows up in northern Cal.

Gene
Hi, Gene. We are at a very nice camp ground in Bakersfield, California; We only have about 150 miles to go to get home. You, of all people, should know that my Lincoln is tough tested and shall not blow up. Once again, on our way south, we were passing, almost, anything and everything going up the mountain passes. You can catch us in Lakewood, any time after tomorrow.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #779
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Bob, how'd the house hunting go??? Wow, I've never been thru that area with snow!!! Gene, when are you passing thru Astoria??? are you stopping ??? At Fort Stevens??? Did you get to visit with Dan and Irene??? too many questions... hugs from us, gail and crew...
Hi, Gail. We looked high and low for the perfect house. It was down to two. One might not work, but sure was nice. The other one looked perfect, but the owner will only rent it out. We wanted to buy it. It was great seeing you at Jackson Rancheria again this year.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #780
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hi Bob, LeeLee, BooBoo... I drove up here 17 times looking for the "perfect" house... two years looking.... when I finally bought something (not perfect) I was just relieved that it was over and I didn't have to do the drive anymore!!!! but I still go south often as I have friends down there...and RALLYS to go to!!!! hugs from us up here...
Gene!!!! you're getting the worst kind of rainy weather this coming week!!! bummer...sooo sorrry... Bob and LeeLee got out just in time!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #781
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, well we made it home without the Lincoln blowing up. We got home about 2:00 PM and it is still summer here. [about 90* today] too hot for me now. Trailer and Lincoln were unloaded and need some cleaning, but I'm too tired right now. Only repair needed is to make a better pantry shelf stop than Airstream did. Once again we were in the third lane over passing all the big rigs going over the mountains. [with my gasser]

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #782
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Bob,

I'm glad you made it without the Lincoln blowing up, but, alas, we won't get to meet you in person, unless the heat there is too much for you and you return to the northwest.

I see it will probably be raining when we get further north. A novelty for us and exciting for a few days, but, after, not so much.

Gene
Old 10-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #783
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, those Priuses were definately not Google Map cars.....

The Google.....

Bob
Old 10-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #784
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, today was a busy day with our trailer. Lots of laundry to do and return to it's place inside of the trailer. One rug is being washed now and the other one was thrown in the trash can. I went and bought a new rug to replace the one I trashed. I call them throw rugs, because when I'm done with them, I throw them away. Everything inside of our trailer was cleaned today. I spent quite a long time with the vacuum cleaner. Then there was the one item that broke while on the road. The rear stop for the slide out pantry. The pantry is mounted on a vertical cabinet board. At the back end of the pantry board is/was a poplar 1" X 2" glued and stapled to it. One time in eight years that the pantry got loose, it opened the cabinet door and knocked the rear stop board off. When I looked inside the cabinet, the sliding pantry was way back inside. I tried to pull it out, but later found that the stop board had wedged it'self in the slide tracks and was locked in place. Today, with scraps found in my garage, I was able to fix this problem.

(1.) This is my pantry with most everything removed.

(2.) This is the stupid piece of wood that is supposed to stop the pantry slide from going too far in.

(3.) In the back of the vertical cabinet divider is where the stop board was. Note: the chip in the back edge of the vertical divider.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003RS.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	171516   Click image for larger version

Name:	002RS.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	171517  

Click image for larger version

Name:	004RS.jpg