Old 10-21-2015, 11:10 PM   #1471
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi,

10-13-15. To beat the horrendous LA traffic, we left La Habra, California at 5:00 AM. We made it to one of our favorite [on the way home] stop offs in Red Bluff, California. Durango RV Resort. Nice place, but still has WIFI problems.

10-14-15. We left Red Bluff at about 9:00 AM and planned on two more days, one more campground to get home. Weather was good, traffic was good, gas prices were still good, and the driver was still good. One more stop off wasn't necessary and we made it home by 5:00 PM that night.

This trip was or 3 1/2 months long and about two weeks too long for us. We towed the trailer over 13,000 miles on this trip our total trip was about 15,000 miles.

This random trip is now over and we hope those who traveled with us enjoyed following.

Bob, Lee, and Dusty.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:37 PM   #1472
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
You have much better trip endurance that I do. If I tried that, I would probably be institutionalized somewhere between Kansas and Michigan. Anyway, thanks for the vicarious experience. I learned a lot. If you ever venture north to the great Megatropolis of the Puget Sound Basin, let us know.

Ken

Old 10-22-2015, 05:10 AM   #1473
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Home sweet home. Feels good, doesn't it?
Old 10-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #1474

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
I enjoyed your travels very much!
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #1475
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Really enjoyed your daily recap. Our longest trip was by mc, thirty days cross country, our journal of that trip brings back fond memories. Our rv trips have been shorter but just as much fun. Are you planning another? If so please keep us informed! Thanks for the enjoyment. Keep that pooch and yourselves healthy.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #1476
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
With a new, nicer government in Canada, you might not get harassed anymore. I see you went to Canada 3 times despite the hassles.

Quite a trip!

I don't think I could do 3 months, much less 3 1/2. I don't remember when you moved, but you have spend a lot of time on the road compared to at your new home.

Gene
Old 10-24-2015, 09:14 PM   #1477
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
You have much better trip endurance that I do. If I tried that, I would probably be institutionalized somewhere between Kansas and Michigan. Anyway, thanks for the vicarious experience. I learned a lot. If you ever venture north to the great Megatropolis of the Puget Sound Basin, let us know.

Ken
Hi, Ken; Glad you enjoyed our trip. Had I made my final adjustment of my generator set up, It would have been easier on us. Final generator repair or modification was done at home after our trip. We hope to go your way again. I just found out that Tacoma has the biggest and one of the best car museums.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-24-2015, 09:19 PM   #1478
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Home sweet home. Feels good, doesn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Really enjoyed your daily recap. Our longest trip was by mc, thirty days cross country, our journal of that trip brings back fond memories. Our rv trips have been shorter but just as much fun. Are you planning another? If so please keep us informed! Thanks for the enjoyment. Keep that pooch and yourselves healthy.
Hi, Jim; Home does feel good. Maybe next year we will have another trip. Meanwhile we have things to do around our house and more things that we want to do to our trailer before it's next trip. I washed the trailer's out side and we are cleaning the inside now, including curtains Etc. I winterized my trailer and today I fixed our trash container.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #1479
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
With a new, nicer government in Canada, you might not get harassed anymore. I see you went to Canada 3 times despite the hassles.

Quite a trip!

I don't think I could do 3 months, much less 3 1/2. I don't remember when you moved, but you have spend a lot of time on the road compared to at your new home.

Gene
Hi, Gene; We did cross the border a few times, but still had a bad feeling about it. Just watched video on TV showing things my wife wanted to see and do in Canada. [and cursing the Border people] 3 1/2 months of constant moving, and dealing with life's needs, on top of touring all that we could, does run you down some.

People say "You're from Oregon, what's it like?" I have to tell them that we have only owned our new home for two years and we have not been there long enough to experience all of the seasons yet. We probably we only spent about 14 months there with all three of us together.
Maybe if we go back to Canada, we might go straight up from Oregon and if all goes well, then cross Canada from West to East.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-24-2015, 09:49 PM   #1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Gene; We did cross the border a few times, but still had a bad feeling about it. Just watched video on TV showing things my wife wanted to see and do in Canada. [and cursing the Border people] 3 1/2 months of constant moving, and dealing with life's needs, on top of touring all that we could, does run you down some.

People say "You're from Oregon, what's it like?" I have to tell them that we have only owned our new home for two years and we have not been there long enough to experience all of the seasons yet. We probably we only spent about 14 months there with all three of us together.
Maybe if we go back to Canada, we might go straight up from Oregon and if all goes well, then cross Canada from West to East.
Take my advice. Tell anyone who asks you, "It really sucks, I'm miserable". I can't believe what happened to the Seattle area in the twenty years I been gone. It is primarily because people have flocked here. I'm just glad I lucked out and ended up on the west side of the sound. (please keep that quiet. The Seattleites still think were a bunch of uninteresting country bumpkins over here.)

Ken
Old 10-31-2015, 12:26 PM   #1481
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Take my advice. Tell anyone who asks you, "It really sucks, I'm miserable". I can't believe what happened to the Seattle area in the twenty years I been gone. It is primarily because people have flocked here. I'm just glad I lucked out and ended up on the west side of the sound. (please keep that quiet. The Seattleites still think were a bunch of uninteresting country bumpkins over here.)

Ken
Western Colorado sucks too. It snowed here yesterday morning and it won't be "winter" for two months. Colorado is so bad Ken left the Front Range for Washington (note that both states have recreational marijuana). There are no traffic jams in Grand Junction and that means you have less time to text while you are waiting to get through a traffic light. If you have to move to Colorado, go to Denver—plenty of traffic there since the Californians came in bulk 20-25 years ago; before that it was Texans. Actually no one (but my wife) was born in Colorado. It is full of malcontents from somewhere else. If you want to move somewhere, Washington or Oregon are much better than Colorado.

Bob,

There's lots of Canada to see and we've enjoyed just about all of it—we've been to all 10 provinces and 2 of 3 territories (no road to #3, Nunavut). Even in Quebec, people were friendly although it was hard to get around the language barrier there. If you like trees, Canada is full of trees and some people.

Gene
Old 07-01-2016, 01:03 AM   #1482
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Dusty is gone.

Hi, I have already posted this sad news on a few other Air Forum threads, but not here. On June 19th [Father's Day] late at night Dusty passed away peacefully in his bed. Dusty will be traveling with us, in spirit. Dusty was 18 1/2 years old and was a great traveling companion. Dusty was a big part of this thread and will be missed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5591.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	265615  

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 07-01-2016, 11:19 AM   #1483

Hi Bob,

Although I never got a chance to meet Dusty in person, I feel I got to know him well through your posts. He lived a very long and very loved life. It was obvious that he enjoyed his life very much. He loved, and was loved by, his life companions. I hope I live to be 126 (18x7) being loved and enjoying life as much as he and then finally pass quietly in my sleep. Who can ask for anything more than that?

I'm sure you guys will, when the time is right, find another canine friend nearly (but of course not quite) as perfect as Dusty.

Ken
Old 07-02-2016, 08:29 PM   #1484
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Bob,

Losing a close and dear friend is hard for anyone. Glad to hear Dusty was peaceful at the end. Every pet and human I have lost has been wrenching in one way or another.

We have a 16-year-old cat and 91 and 90 year old in-laws (or parents for Barb) and they are all slowing down. Hard to watch especially since we are also slowing down.

Thanks for letting us know and sharing your loss.

Gene