Old 10-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Ahem, yasss ...kaff-kaff
1969 27' Overlander
Bloomington , Indiana
Betty's Summer Vacation

We're back form Northern Michigan after having spent the better part of the summer and early fall at NXNR - North by Northrest - boondocking for most of that time. I would have posted more from the wilderness but for the fact that my hopes of getting electricity (and thus internet) did not come true. Not really a big deal I was to find, and was pleasantly surprised how little electricity and water I really needed. Running the generator for a couple hours a week and packing in about 20 gallons of water or so kept things pretty comfortable.

I was also happy to find that living in such a small space for the first time was not at all an inconvenience. Buster the Wonderdog certainly enjoyed it having to negotiate only two steps - important for a geriatric geezer - and keeping the coyotes in line by barking at them from the safety of Betty's interior. Alas, this was to be our last time together for not long after we returned his chronic health condition worsened at he slipped peacefully away one beautiful fall morning last week. I miss him dearly but am forever grateful for our 15 yrs together and this past summer where the whole world, so it seemed to him, was his and mine playground.

So here are some photos from the North Woods. 1. Pulling into the wilderness on a "two-track". 2. Buster and our good pal, Bob, ready to help set up camp. 3. Betty tucked back in a shady stand of sugar maples. 4. One of may spectacular summer sunsets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1676.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	550.5 KB
ID:	170235   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1681.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	170236  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1684.jpg
Size:	467.1 KB
ID:	170237   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1704.jpg
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	170238  

egad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
Thanks for posting! I'm glad you and Buster had such a great last summer together.
AIR 57698, TAC NM-9.
PhilipKS is offline   Reply With Quote