Old 12-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Bangor , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
You would have to buy an inverter with enough capacity to charge the vacuum. Compare watts. I would think a vacuum would drain the coach batteries more than you'd like, but checking the watts will tell you more.

Gene

Of course I could use my inverter, but that would be very inefficient since the vacuum wall wart converts the AC into DC anyways. I was wondering about a direct DC to DC adaptation.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Old 12-25-2015, 12:04 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpons View Post
Of course I could use my inverter, but that would be very inefficient since the vacuum wall wart converts the AC into DC anyways. I was wondering about a direct DC to DC adaptation.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
If the vacuum runs on DC internally, you would have to find a work around like a direct connection to the vacuum innards from the coach batteries through a 12 v. receptacle. Perhaps showing my ignorance, doesn't the vacuum motor run on AC requiring an internal converter from the vacuum batteries to the motor? I assume (another possible stroke of ignorance) the other parts of the vacuum run on DC. I may have gotten totally confused by converters and inverters compounding inefficiency as power is changed back and forth from AC to DC to AC, ad infinitum, until nothing is left but heat. I think I'd better get a broom.

Gene

Old 12-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #31
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
We have hardwood... And need new vacuum... Thinking of iRobot... But would not do well in 34' I think...

Love our Dyson upright at home.... Been resisting the urge to get for AS... I am grateful they don't offer an aluminum shell one..... Aren't you??��

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote