Old 02-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #1

Santa Fe , NM
Best Search App for RV Campgrounds

We purchased our first Airstream and would like your recommendations for the best RV APP for finding campgrounds as we travel.
Thanks!
Jeff and Margaret

santafeair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
AllStays - hands down. There’s lots. Doesn’t hurt to have multiple apps. But AllStays is by far my fave. Good luck and happy camping!

SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafeair View Post
We purchased our first Airstream and would like your recommendations for the best RV APP for finding campgrounds as we travel.
Thanks!
Jeff and Margaret
First of all, congrats on your new Airstream. And it's great to have you on the forum. Have you considered doing the AS club?

What AS did you get? Is it used or new? Maybe a few pictures if you are willing to share.

I agree with the recommendation for Allstays. We use it all the time.

Happy trails!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
+3 for AllStays.

Maggie
Old 02-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

First off, welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

We have been Airstream camping for quite a while (13 years/1980 nights). We use rvparky.com or their smartphone app. It has always done well for us. Many recommend allstays. It may work well, but you have to be an iPhone groupie to use it.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Campendium is another. None of them work by themselves for us, we use Allstays and others but getting out there and exploring areas is as good as anything. We always determine our general route first then research campgrounds along the way that are reasonably close to our route. We rarely travel interstates, almost always US highways. We find a lot of great places by doing that.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
WBCCI 23945 "Blue Moon"

1993 29' Excella
Hillsboro , Texas
First, congratulations!

Second, there is no such thing as "best". We have found a toolbox of 3-4 apps or websites is invaluable. RVTripWizard.com is subscription based, and served its purpose well, with programmable features, reviews, and been very helpful. That said, it is only available online, so if you have poor connectivity, as with most apps, you will be left a little short on info. Allstays is a terrific app, as is RVParky, Allstays C-RV Military (for active and retired military), and just plain word of mouth.

I would not trust any just one, but always verify what a couple different ones have to say or advise.
chili4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Virginia Beach , Virginia
AllStays is great....have used it for several years to cross the US and Canada many times....
Crabpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:42 AM   #9

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
Rvtripwizard.com! We love this site and use it exclusively.
You can filter the kind of campgrounds you want to see, set your driving preference by hours or mileage and it shows you a radius from your last stop, can quickly rearrange stops, track costs, easy to make reservations or research campgrounds from site, shows hazards (like bridge clearance) for your rig, etc.
LauraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #10
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Heard about all-stays, so looked at it. Seems to be quite good. However, we started using RV Parky, got used to it and find it to be our go to solution. That is, except for the KOA website, the Goodsam map and campground book, and the Passport America book. Then there is the recommendation from the lady at the full-up park.

We note parks that folks on the forum mention, destinations that show up in AAA magazine articles, and places that look interesting when we are Google Map searching for routes.

There is a thread by "Traveling Man" that details his trip accross the country looking for small boondock and service parks. His primary source was roadside signs and interesting roads.

It's an adventure everytime you let yourself go down the road with your smile generator in tow.

Travel safe, enjoy your coach and chase those smiles. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:33 AM   #11
2019 30' International

Bolingbrook , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
AllStays - hands down. There’s lots. Doesn’t hurt to have multiple apps. But AllStays is by far my fave. Good luck and happy camping!
I agree - have used several apps and by far AllStays is my go to.
wwillson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:41 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
We are making the transition to AllStays. Prior to this we used RV park reviews which was acquired by RV Life. The RV Life app had what I would consider some inappropriate advertising that won't go away so we are dumping it. I also use the trip planner on Good Sam for some advance planning while at home.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
RV Site Apps

I have used Allstate and RV Parky across the country and both are comprehensive.
TxTravelsUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Bellingham , Washington
Our favorite App is “Allstays”; like the way it incorporates mapping with all things RV (parks, fuel, dump stations, Walmarts, etc.). We frequently back up our choices with “RVParkReviews” in order to learn what others have experienced. “Roadtripper” is fun if you want to learn more about the area where you are camping.

Hope you enjoy your new Airstream!

vhaalen is offline   Reply With Quote