Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2017, 08:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Best RV sites near Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.

We are planning a trip to Southern Cal. We want to make a stop to visit it the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. Any suggestions on RV sites?
firemed509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
You can check out Tapo Canyon Park in Simi Valley very small but clean with full hookups. Also theres Lake Casitas in Ojai but they are closed due to the fires. I was told to check in again with them this Wed to see when/if they will reopen.
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:51 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
London , Ontario
Hi

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. It is well worth the visit. We were staying at the Malibu Beach Campground which was only about 25 minutes away.

I'm not sure what impact the fires might of had on the drive between however.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0030 - Copy.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	542.5 KB
ID:	300798  

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot
Andrew T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:57 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Santa Monica , California
Avoid Oak Park, it is literally next to the train tracks and it will wake you at 5am. There is no sleeping through it. Tapo is better, flat, easy in and out. Quieter. I also very much like Walnut RV Park in Northridge. Very well kept and quiet but pricier than the county parks like Tapo. Worth it in my opinion and would be my top choice closest to Simi.

No fire issues in Malibu. The Malibu Beach RV Park has great views but small spots as you might expect. Very well maintained. Avoid the other county parks along PCH, they are filled with loud people on weekend nights.

Fire has impacted Ventura, Santa Paula, Fillmore, and Ojai. I would avoid them for now until the Thomas Fire is out.

If you need advice otherwise let me know, I work in Simi so I know the area fairly well.
rjbrown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbrown99 View Post
Avoid Oak Park, it is literally next to the train tracks and it will wake you at 5am. There is no sleeping through it. Tapo is better, flat, easy in and out. Quieter. I also very much like Walnut RV Park in Northridge. Very well kept and quiet but pricier than the county parks like Tapo. Worth it in my opinion and would be my top choice closest to Simi.

No fire issues in Malibu. The Malibu Beach RV Park has great views but small spots as you might expect. Very well maintained. Avoid the other county parks along PCH, they are filled with loud people on weekend nights.

Fire has impacted Ventura, Santa Paula, Fillmore, and Ojai. I would avoid them for now until the Thomas Fire is out.

If you need advice otherwise let me know, I work in Simi so I know the area fairly well.

Thank you , we are planning our trip for March.
firemed509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
redondo beach , California
Try this one: beaches.lacounty.gov/dockweiler-rv-park/

We ride our bikes past this place all the time.
There is always a Streamer or two.

And whatever anybody tells you about commute times multiply by 3.

Traffic here is a NIGHTMARE @ 7.7 million registered vehicles in Los Angeles County. Talk about a carbon footprint!
Randy and Beth 15 F250, 16 30' International, ProPride, Dexter 3" lift, Michelin 16, Dill TPMS, Centramatics, Battleborn x4, Victron BMV and 1.2KW inverter, Orion DC/DC, BlueSolar MPPT, 300W solar, Alpine iLX, Polk MM1, Samsung smart 42"
mythbuster88 is offline   Reply With Quote