Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Clearlake , California
Strangely, Chula Vista RV Resort was reported to be closing last February but appears to still be in business. http://rvlife.com/ca-rv-resort-closing/
napabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:37 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2018 22' Sport
Carlsbad , California
The question of the day is WHEN will you be there? June through Labor Day requires advance reservations anywhere you go and the clientele at each park reflects the season. If you’ll be there during this time then the best place is the place you can get reservations at 😆
Coastalphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #23

Currently Looking...
Blaine , Washington
Chula Vista KOA

Two years ago I had a great stay at Chula Vista KOA.
Cutcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
Vista , California
San Diego County RV Parks

I live in North San Diego County and have been to most RV Parks in the area. Santee Lakes (one of our favorite) has full hook ups plus cable and wi fi. It is quiet, shady and close to much in San Diego. Reserve early (six months) for any CA State Park (Reserve California). San Elijo and Carlsbad are my favorite close to the beach parks with close by stores, restaurants, fantastic views and sunsets but most spots are boondocking sites and small. San Mateo is quiet with hook ups and lots of shade but probably too far at the North end of San Diego County if you are thinking of Sweetwater Regional Park. One person mentioned going to the California Park Ranger early in the morning; remember they only let you reserve one night at a time if you just drive up.
Vista Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by etojeo View Post
We're traveling cross-country in 2020 and plan on spending a couple weeks in San Diego visiting our son and daughter in law.
Any recommendations for a RV Park in the greater San Diego area? Our priorities would be safety, quiet, and then a wee bit of space... We don't mind traveling to visit them but it would be great to be within 30 minutes or so of the city...
Thanks in advance!
Chula Vista is the nicest parks in San Diego. My husband and I drove to all of the Parks in SD and trust me CV is clean, roomie and has cement lots. Plus, the privacy shrubs are a bonus.
A-Team is offline   Reply With Quote