Old 10-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Narrowsburg , New York
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick75
Best AS Dealer in Florida to Install Satellite TV Antenna?

I'm looking for a recommendation from other Airstream owners who have used an Airstream dealer in Florida to install a satellite TV antenna. We plan to spend a few months down there this winter beginning at the end of December with our new 2014 FC 27FB. I'm sure many RV dealers have experience with satellite installations but we think the work should be done by a qualified AS dealer who knows the construction of these trailers. Any thoughts?

Rick

Old 10-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
He's not a "dealer" in the sense that he does not sell new or used AS'. But Lew Farber is a cracker jack AS electrical person and he winters in Naples (summers in Oregon.) His screen name on this forum is "LEWSTER" and his email is lew(at)gorge.net. I would contact him to see if you can get on his schedule. I am planning on contacting him myself for some work on our unit this winter.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
You did not say what part of Florida you will be visiting. Dixie RV/Airstream is located in Defuniak Springs, FL in the panhandle. They should be able to assist you.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Narrowsburg , New York
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick75
We'll be moving around some and have not developed a definitive itinerary as yet. I expect for the right referral we will add that dealer to our travels. Many thanks for the recommendation.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Rick75, it would appear that you are planning on spending the winter in your AS as a snowbird, congratulations! In case you were not aware, most florida RV spots get reserved far in advance for the winter season and State Parks are even worse! Usually you can find places to camp at all times during the winter even without reservations but these tend to be far inland and often in less desirable areas and less desirable parks. I don't have any specific places to recommend to you since so far we have always rented a house or condo for the winter months, but I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were not anticipating this issue. Best of luck and happy travels!