Old 03-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #15
Happy Wonderer

1997 25' Safari
Box Elder , South Dakota
Doctors Are Not Gods

But you have the power to bring healing upon yourself through stopping what harms you.
I am only posting this because someone decided to bring health into an RV forum and I am highly interested in health and highly cynical about mainstream 'health care' - sick care is more like it.
Best wishes

Links to help you all take back your power and health:

Man With Stage 3 Colon Cancer Refuses Chemotherapy & Cures Himself With Vegan Diet | Collective-Evolution

Is This a New Solution for Colon Cancer

The Man Who Questions Chemotherapy - Dr. Ralph Moss

Fighting Colon Cancer With Spices, Onions

LE Magazine, March 2005 - Report: Nutritional Strategies for Conquering Colon Cancer

“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...”
― Leo Tolstoy
B_Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1977 23' Safari
1986 34' Limited
Idaho Falls , Idaho

So sorry to hear of the cancer and having to sell your A/S baby. Keep the Faith and know that we are all pulling for you.

Richard and Vivian
Caliban The Wonder Dog: gone but not forgotten
Too many vintage A/Ss...
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Dade City , Florida
You will be in our prayers. Very best wishes,

Dave & Mary Beth Baur
dbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
1965 17' Caravel
Silver Cliff , Colorado
So sorry to hear it.

This is so sad. My dear friend has contracted liver Cancer he is in Chemo and improving so hopefully you will as well.

Originally Posted by jackcat View Post
Just wanted to say to anyone who is hesitant about having, or delaying having another that is due, to get your colonoscopy!
I was diagnosed with rectal cancer last Jan. 15th during my second one. My first was in 2009, was told I could wait 10 years before another as I was "clean" and had no family history. Glad I didn't wait. The doctors think it may have been caught before metastasizing, so fingers are crossed.
In our travels, we have met many who have faced serious medical issues and overcome huge obstacles. I take comfort now in recalling their achievements.
We were forced, due to financial reasons, to trade in our Ram on a small car, and also to short sale our 2009 Classic, so sadly, we wont be making our usual excursions throughout the mid west and west visiting our kids this year. To all the fellow 'streamers we have met in the past couple of years, enjoy it while you can, and hopefully we will meet up once again down the road.
D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
1965 17' Caravel
Silver Cliff , Colorado
Get well soon.

D Bsihop
D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #20
Regular Guy
1978 31' Sovereign
Hot Springs , Arkansas
There is NOTHING God cant fix. Unless we don't ask him. We will pray for you until we get a good report. I am sure that there is someone here that would loan you a rig. If not, when I get mine right, you can use it. Life is short. Pray hard.
I thank God for the hardships that keep us close to him. A little faith goes a long way. Our AS is really a PRAYER STREAM
NavyCorpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:16 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Thinking of you and your family. Stay positive, it can move mountains. Get well!

Syr1pss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but I am glad it was caught. I work as an endoscopy RN full-time at a small hospital in Southwest Missouri. As Maggie stated, many men avoid coming to get the screening for many years after the recommended initial screening at age 50, but we have many women who postpone their procedures as well. I have had patients who were getting their first screening as late at 74 years old. It is unfortunate when we find masses in these patients that come back as cancer. As JackCat stated, he waited 10 years between his initial and 2nd procedure which is the industry standard if your colonoscopy is clean. We usually recommend a return in 1, 3, or 5 years depending on the number of polyps found or if the pathology comes back abnormal.

Prayers for a quick recovery JackCat.
Streaming Soldiers Blog
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member
2009 30' Classic
madison , South Dakota
Thanks to all for the prayers. Actually, I only waited 5 years between colonoscopies. I was told by the first doctor that I could wait 10 years, as I had no family history and my first one was fine. Decided on my own to recheck in 5 years, and that was when the cancer was discovered.
jackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:40 PM   #24
X New Yorker
2013 Interstate Coach
Springfield , Massachusetts
Peace, blessings and strength to you!

X New Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote