Old 08-24-2005, 09:41 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member
1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Thanks for the update, 6xblessed. Glad things worked out.

I too, have a tendency to rant first and regret at leisure (repent, well...I'm working on that.) - hence, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:04 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member
It's only natural for a mother to react strongly when she believes her children are being "attacked" both literally and figuratively. Protective "instincts" are intrinsic to good mothering.

I'm happy to hear things worked out for 6xblessd and her family, and that she shared this with us. Hopefully the individual at the park who's comments, though well intentioned, appear to have been delivered in an indelicate manner will think about the situation too.

Best Regards,

David Piehl
Minnesota Airstream Park Shareholder (& Lovin It!)

AirstreamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:42 PM   #31
Thank you for making this forum available! I have enjoyed being with family and friends at the Minnesota Airstream Park for the past 20 years. God willing I look forward to another 20 years of summer relaxation there away from the mundane concerns of everyday life.

I have enjoyed teaching my boys how to golf at the terrific course there, and they sure enjoy swimming and biking as well. The other lot owners are good friends and are concerned about all of the others at the park.

What I personally like best is that the park isn't paved over in concrete, and on the other hand it isn't a wilderness off limits to people. We all like kids, seniors, Airstreams and the outdoors.

Tad Jude
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:29 AM   #32
Positive Experience at the MN Airstream Park!!

I just want to add, that I have had only positive experiences at the MN Airstream park!! I went to visit a friend of mine who owns a share up there in the late spring, and I liked it so much (and I got the Airstram bug, seeing all those Airstreams together), that I bought a share there as well, and bought my first Airstream (a 2003 19' Bambi).

I am still relatively young (38) so I have not felt that I was unwelcome because of my age, in contrary, I felt very welcome and have made lots of new friends (young and old alike) there!! I like it so much that I have come up almost every weekend since I bought the share. If I would have kids, I would not hesitate and bring them up there as well.

A new and very happy MN Airstream shareholder.

Robert Quene
BambiMPLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:05 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member
Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Visit to MN Airstream Park

We were traveling last week and paid a visit to the park to see it as I had not seen an Airstream Park before. (Didn't have AS with us at the time.) Gatekeeper was friendly and provided information for us including lots available for sale from $3,900 to $18,000, fees etc. We aren't in the market but found it interesting. We were given a visitor pass and drove through the park. Nicely wooded. Having not attended a rally before, it was the first time I saw that many AS together. As was noted, many people have owned their lot for 20+ years and some are at the point of selling now. I don't know that it would be a place for us but it would for those that love golf. Distance is reasonably close to Mpls if you don't mind a drive for other things to do. There was a good mix of older and newer AS in the park.
2010 43' Newmar Dutch Aire
formerly 2006 34' Classic

Changing the World One Child at a Time

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:08 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Originally Posted by PizzaChop

And that is why we'll be back in October!! (I'll bring my bass guitar this time)
bringing an amp? Or does it not need one? I actually might bring a small guitar amp, as my light weight strings get lost in the mix.

1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote