Old 06-29-2016, 05:03 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Anything that is "good" for you tastes bad. My parents had the right idea. They hardly ate out, cooked moderate portions of fish, meat and poultry with vegetables and hardly had any processed food.. They were never over weight. Dad lived to be 97 1/2 and mom is still with us at 94 and not on any medication. Maybe if Mom hadn't smoked for 76 years she wouldn't have dementia now.

2008 Classic 25fb "Silver Mistress"
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins. Crew Cab, 4x4, Silver
2010 Tundra 5.7L, Double Cab, 2wd, White
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:51 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2015 22' FB Sport
Toronto , Ontario
I actually quite like sautéed kale or putting some in salad. I even planted in my garden this year.

It's just kale chips that offend my delicate palate 👍

stsammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Queens , New York
Top 10 Health Benefits of Eating Kale

Besides being yummy ...

Kale is being called “the new beef”, “the queen of greens” and “a nutritional powerhouse.” Here are ten great benefits of adding more kale to your diet:

1. Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat.

One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat. It is great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content. It’s also filled with so many nutrients, vitamins, folate and magnesium as well as those listed below.

2. Kale is high in iron.

Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef. Iron is essential for good health, such as the formation of hemoglobin and enzymes, transporting oxygen to various parts of the body, cell growth, proper liver function and more.

3. Kale is high in Vitamin K.

Eating a diet high in Vitamin K can help protect against various cancers. It is also necessary for a wide variety of bodily functions including normal bone health and blood clotting. Also increased levels of vitamin K can help people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.

4. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants.

Antioxidants, such as carotenoids and flavonoids help protect against various cancers.

5. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food.

One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.

6. Kale is great for cardiovascular support.

Eating more kale can help lower cholesterol levels.

7. Kale is high in Vitamin A.

Vitamin A is great for your vision, your skin as well as helping to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers.

8. Kale is high in Vitamin C.

This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.

9. Kale is high in calcium.

Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk, which aids in preventing bone loss, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Vitamin C is also helpful to maintain cartilage and joint flexibility

10. Kale is a great detox food.

Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, both great for detoxifying your body and keeping your liver healthy.
Dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
I like the quinoa and kale packs from Costco. Delicious.
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:13 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Mud is still mud no matter how you spice it up. There is absolutely no way I would put that crap in my mouth again.
WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
Well, you guys don't know what's good. Or somebody didn't cook it properly. Next time, sauté some bacon & onions, add kale leaves that have been washed and removed from the stems and ribs. If you must add any water, do just a small amount. Or try a raw kale-based salad. But it's fine if you give kale a miss-- all the more crispy kale chips for them as likes 'em.
If you have to add bacon to make it palatable, might as well just eat the bacon.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:15 PM   #21
Len and Jeanne
2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
I take your point on the bacon, but you'd miss out on all that vitamin K and other good ****.

Kale is actually part of the culture around the North Sea of Germany and Holland. Maybe this way of serving it up looks like a whole lot more fun:

Anyway, if anyone decides to spend $3000 to freeze-dry the stuff to take along camping, just don't offer any to AW or KJ.

Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote