Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
On this date (10 AUG 2017), there are four memberships for sale by their current owners. Two of the associated lots are currently vacant and an interested party could come and stay on that lot for three days at no charge to check the place out.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #62
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Don't be upset with the park. Blame the inconsiderate dog owners that will not control the barking or refuse to clean up after their little precious.
NOT TRUE, it has been a long standing policy by some AS parks, like most things associated with WBCCI their thinking is "it has always been that way so why change" the change only happens when it affect the bottom line.

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
NOT TRUE, it has been a long standing policy by some AS parks, like most things associated with WBCCI their thinking is "it has always been that way so why change" the change only happens when it affect the bottom line.

Gary

You have your opinion, I have mine. Sounds like yours is based on a personal beef with the club. Have a nice day.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Garner, , North Carolina
yeah i see that now as well. and yes a big negative for me as well.. not interested in buying for a while but would like to have opportunity to stay there some time but it seem NOT..

Quote:
From their web site, "does not rent or lease campground spaces".

Big negative.
WBCCI#1691, Piedmont Airstream Club, Unit #161, Region #3
carl2591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:01 PM   #65
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
You have your opinion, I have mine. Sounds like yours is based on a personal beef with the club. Have a nice day.

Not a beef with the club at all, I was simply stating what I have seen and heard over the years. WBCCI is heading in the right direction now that the "Old Guard" is gone and younger members are becoming national officers

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #66
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Sitting here in the woods at Jersey Shore. A bit different than Penn Woods, but equally nice. For those who *must* have internet, I just ran a speed test on their WiFi. Here at the trailer, I'm getting 50 megabits / sec..... time for lunch .....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #67
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Sounds like yours is based on a personal beef with the club.
Scratching the itch of curiosity, why is "having a beef" a bad thing? Beef is good. It's tasty and nutritious (unless you're a Vegan or something equally weird), and if it wasn't for beef then barbecue would never have been invented and none of us would own a grill.

Besides, I'm pretty beefy myself, just more well-marbled than I would prefer!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
Cohasset , Massachusetts
Hi,
I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed Jersey Shore Haven. This spring we picked up our 22 Sport from Colonial. We thought it would be a good idea to camp somewhere relatively close to the dealer just in case something went wrong with the trailer. We chose Jersey Shore because it's not far from Colonial and we love Airstream's so much, and don't particularly love the look of big white box campers with garish swirled decals all over the sides. (Why so much brown by the way?)
We also thought it would be smart to be around other Airstream owners on our first outing in case we had questions about anything. Anyhow, by the time we had gotten through everything at Colonial it was getting late and we got to Jersey Shore at sunset. The people there were so nice, they oversaw our first time dealing with the hitch etc. We walked around the park very much enjoying all the older Airstreams and talking to really nice folks. It's like an Airstream history book in person! It's also close to Cape May which of course is beautiful.
Sure enough we had a few minor adjustments to be made at the dealer and simply dropped it off at Colonial on our way back to MA.
We look forward to staying at other Airstream Only parks. It's our first year doing this so we've been staying at full hookup locations so far to get the hang of it all. (Hitching up to go to a dump and then re-leveling is daunting right now, and we're not in a truck so a portable tank isn't practical for now.) Unfortunately these parks tend to be a bit more crowded with less privacy, and being surrounded by faded dented old 5th wheels is not as pleasing to the visual senses. It's no reflection on the owners. Our 'neighbors' thus far have all been lovely. But the overall look of an Airstream park is nicer than the mixed crowded jumble of other parks in our opinion. There's a reason they don't have those parks on the Airstream brochures. I'm sure they're not in ANY campers brochures. We were just in Maine at a great (but crowded) oceanfront site and the manager said she wished all the campers there were Airstream's. That the place would look so much nicer. She was surprised to hear that there ARE Airstream only parks.
We will start branching out to more state parks etc to have a less crowded, more scenic look. That scenic look will include sometimes seeking out other Airstreams!
-Rich
Rg416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #69
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
Cohasset , Massachusetts
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3431.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	292512
Old 08-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
Cohasset , Massachusetts
This...

Name:	IMG_3435.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	438.0 KB
ID:	292513
Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #71
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
Cohasset , Massachusetts
Vs this...

Name:	IMG_3947.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	292514
Old 08-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #72
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

My reaction to the "wall to wall RV's" (or wall to wall tents) thing has always been ... let's move on. That's not always possible. It is my first knee jerk reaction. The difference here is even greater since most of the people are not on their sites this week. Very quiet and peaceful.

Bob
Old 08-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #73
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Ha well that second pic don't even look like a real campground, it looks like a festival or tailgate party.

I always prefer public lands, cause they're cheapest and usually have less neighbors than either of those pics. I mean, that 1st pic looks ok, but it's still just a grass field with rows of trailers.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #74
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Sitting here in the woods at Jersey Shore. A bit different than Penn Woods, but equally nice. For those who *must* have internet, I just ran a speed test on their WiFi. Here at the trailer, I'm getting 50 megabits / sec..... time for lunch .....

Bob
Sitting here in the woods in Lincoln, MT...reading this thread...wondering Uncle Bob: Jersey Shore-- is Snooky up there with you??
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #75
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Sitting here in the woods in Lincoln, MT...reading this thread...wondering Uncle Bob: Jersey Shore-- is Snooky up there with you??
Hi

Down at the far south end, the Jersey shore is very nice .... haven't seen any sign of Snooky.

Bob
Old 08-26-2017, 12:11 AM   #76
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Highland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl2591 View Post
I happened to run across this AS park when looking on craigslist for places around the phoenix, flagstaff etc area.. why are they not putting ad in the blue beret magazine to let folks know of there existence??

Looks like a nice place in the I believe White mountains area.. looking forward to seeing it in person.

Carl indeed it is a nice place. The wife and I had the pleasure of staying at one of the sites that was for sale this last July. Please be aware that you may stay there at the invitation of an owner who is interested in selling their site. This is a one time invitation restriction. But you may inspect other for sale sites while you are there. This is a Not for profit organization and you purchase a membership not property when you buy a site. You then have exclusive rights to use it. A little different approach but workable. This is not for the casual camper who is interested in a one night stay. We would consider purchasing a site, but at the time of our visit there were none that met our requirements.

Interested parties should go to their web site look at sites available for sale, pick one. Contact the owner and make arrangements for a visit in the summer. Enjoy.