Old 09-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Arkansas Interstate Construction

I will have to pas thru Little Rock in a few weeks on the way to the Airstream Homecoming. I was a bit concerned about the interstate construction SW and E of Little Rock until I found this site . They have live cameras placed periodically in the construction zone so that you can see just what is going on. By placing the mouse over a sign icon, you get what is on the sign and by placing the mouse over a camera icon, you get a live shot that updates every few seconds. I was actually able to track an 18-wheeler up I-30 using the cameras.

They show slowing or stopping trafffic with color codes. That doesn't help me, because I will be looking at it a day ahead, but it sure would be nice for locals. What is nice, is that I will know ahead of time when single lane stretches or potential slowups are ahead.

For a state that is often considered backward, I think this is a prime example of using technology.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
That's a great site!

I wish more states would do that. Maybe in time as technology improves you can virtually watch someone travel from state to state. I'm not convinced that would be a good thing though.

How many Airstreams did you spot?

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 09:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinky
That's a great site!

How many Airstreams did you spot?
Didn't see any Airstreams. I did follow one easy to identify 18-wheeler past about 4 cameras.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Boise , Idaho
Talking Siting airstreams

John,

Two weeks ago we went from Boise to Memphus via Kansas City, them home via Little Rock. 4100 miles in 7 days, and well worth it to get my eldist off to a good college. Our count was 18 airstreams, and that includes one aluminum motor home and one square stream. We also passed an Argosey and saw an argosy in a used car lot. Most of our sitings were on or close to our side of the contenental divide.

My point is you better have a real comphy chair in front of your computer if your going to watch those cameras for airstreams!
rcmenz is offline   Reply With Quote