Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #81
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
.................................................. .........

But we've known people who have gotten sick and it's no fun. Giardia can last for many weeks and runs you down so that you can't do much. Even so, some people have little or no illness from giardia, and others get whacked. Various towns in Colorado have had giardia problems when their water

Gene
I managed to find a Giardia a few years ago. It wasn't from a Colorado mountain stream or a RV fresh water tank. I choked and swallowed while starting a siphon to drain a pond in our back yard. Yes, I know it was stupid. Will I do it again? Probably.
I apparently was lucky as I had an upset stomach for a couple months, and was lactose intolerant for about 6 months, but was able to live pretty much normally (for me at least).

Regards,
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
We have no storage tank, we take 2, 5 gallon, gas jugs that we use soley for water. It works perfectly and we never run out. When a place has good water we fill up. Also you can buy bottles of water to drink as well. Have fun!
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #83

2009 27' FB International
mars hill , North Carolina
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher View Post
Hi

I purchased a 65 gallon poly tank and transfer pump. The Tank fits nicely in the center of my pickup bed (F250). I can transfer via 12 volt or 110 to my fresh water tank in the trailer. I don't always carry a full 65 gallons unless I expect to be boondocking for a week. 65 gallon runs about 500 lbs and does not change my mileage significantly. We also bring a case of bottled water.

Steve
Steve I am new to camping and I was planning on using a poly tank as well. I was planning on lifting the tank above the inflow pipe and using gravity as a pump. any comments, I have a F250 ford.
mtntop is offline   Reply With Quote