Old 12-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
San Diego , California
Are those areas (Faria Beach, etc) all non-hook-ups? I just assumed they are.

My New Blog Project:
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Anaheim , California
Glad Bull Taco was open! Check out Crystal Cove sometime. It's the newest campground on the coast and one of a select few that's nowhere near a train! Just north of Laguna, and about an hour closer for you. Half the spots have water and power and the other half are dry camping. Great hiking and beach walking opportunities.

Johnco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
What specifically was the problem with the hosts? We were there last Jan/Feb and did the camphost bootcamp and the whole thing was about serving the campers. It is normally a VERY camper friendly place. You can pm me if you want.
sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1976 Argosy 22
Pasadena , California
Send a message via AIM to crabbey1 Send a message via Skype™ to crabbey1
Well, I guess I can mention each volunteer one by one because they each had different things that seemed off.

The first guy didn't know anything about the campground or the town. Simple questions either were not answered or not answered sufficiently. These questions were questions like, where can I buy firewood, where can I fill propane or does the campground have a place that I can fill my water tank...

The second experience was with an older gentleman. He was kind but was in a hurry and was very short with me while asking the same kinds of questions. He did not provide me with adequate answers either. His answer to: Where can I find firewood or propane? was: There is a 7-11 close by, you should check there...

Finally, the next morning, we visited the kiosk to see about a late check out, in case no one was reserving the spot for that evening. I asked the volunteer and his sarcasm was over he top leaning towards rudeness. He said, while looking at the schedule, "Sure, you can check out later for $50, then you can stay as long as you would like until tomorrow morning." And then went back to his work.

Overall, I was disappointed in the quality of information about the campground and town as well as their professionalism. I understand taht hey are volunteers but they should still care about the service they are providing. Also, I am sure this is not a full cross section of all volunteers at the park, but this was my experience. I would still reccomend the park because of it's quality and beauty.

crabbey1 is offline   Reply With Quote