Old 07-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2006 28' International CCD
Nashville , Tennessee
Back in our Airstreaming days, and there were many, we made good use of a couple of "camping towels" that we picked up at REI (if my memory serves me correctly). They absorb incredible amounts of water and you can practically wring them dry.

dmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2005 22' International CCD
Cambria , California
Retractable Clothes Line

We mounted the main unit on this inside one of our cabinets nearest the heater. The little receptacle is mounted on the opposite side of the trailer. It's great for damp towels and wrung clothes but you don't want something too wet that will drip.

Ziggy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
1988 32.5' Airstream 325
Vista , California
Because of space issues as well as quick dry issues, I decided to go with REIs backpacking towels. They absorb a ton of water and dry lickity split, they are soft, feels like drying yourself with the softest suede leather you can imagine. Really great for beach/river use because they brush away sand so easily, and the sand NEVER sticks to the towel at all.

I already had a few from backing, and I began buying more. I cannot say that my Chris was totally on board with it at first, so I bought two fluffy cotton towels that matched the colors of the backpacking towels, plus I bought six big cotton washclothes in the same colors. Avocado green, rust orange, and deep purple. We have 4 large backpacking towels, they take less space than a single cotton towel, and 4 hand towel sized backpacking towels. I can put all my bathtowels, hand towels, and washcloths into the drawer under our microwave and still have room for other things like TP, bars of soap, etc. I hang the towels to dry by a loop in the corner. It's dry in an hour or two depending on how wet it got. And Chris is totally on board with it now.

As for drying anything else, I put things on hangers and just hang them on various hooks throughout our AS. The owners before us put a closet pole in the shower, removable, to hang stuff to dry. Because that is where the litter box is between showers, that was taken out. Just not an option. Maybe for you though.
Dysfunctional Veteran- does not always play well with others. 22 a day is 22 TOO MANY. (this number recently revised to 23 a day )
PammieSue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:13 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari FB SE
St Paul , MN
It's not pretty but it works - in the FC you can just lift up the overhead doors And hang plastic hangers on the bottom ledge - I only do this if desperate to dry delicates - curtains pulled and right before bedtime! The tension rod in shower is good too and if you can find a place for installing 2 cup hooks where you can loop a rope that works too. I've also resorted to large Command hooks on inside of closet doors - open them up and voila your dryer. I try to buy things that can be dried at Laundromat to avoid the hoarder laundress look.
Seemore2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
2014 23' Flying Cloud
2013 19' Flying Cloud
Glendale , California
I picked up a couple of hot yoga towels at Marshalls. Very lightweight and absorbant- kind of like a big chamois, and it dries quickly. DH hates his, so I have 2, which I love; he can hang his "traditional" towel on the inside over-the-commode-door towel rack we got at Camper World, or over an awning bar.
MomcatA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #20
2005 22' Safari
Tallahassee , Florida
I bought thin cheap bath towels from Walmart that dry quick. I can store 4 of these towels in the same space as two of the nicer ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Sparky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:41 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member
2008 19' Safari SE
Bandera , Texas
We have never (yet) been out for over 3 weeks, so no problem. Beach locations have been the issue with additional towels. On our recent visit to Port A Texas, we learned this from a neighbor.....those plastic clips that hold table cloths on picnic tables (at least the ones we had) work perfectly holding a towel draped over the awning support.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:58 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member
2015 22' FB Sport
Toronto , Ontario
I use a rope tied between trees. I'm fancy like that
stsammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Awning clothesline

Originally Posted by sailorii View Post
If you have the rear awning, it offers another, homemade alternative. Cut a 1 1/2" wooden dowel(closet clothes pole) the width of the awning. Screw a stainless eye in each end. Bend a hanger out of 1/8" rod to hang on the awning "axle". Varnish dowel. Works great.
I use a bungee cord in the same place.
Outdoors4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:24 PM   #24
Rivet Master
1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Many RV parks allow racks only on the rear of the units. I made up a simple rig using available aluminum angle and line to bolt on the back bumper compartment of my '89. It had just 4 bolts and disassembled and stored in the bumper
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member
2015 28' International
Washington , Pennsylvania
If electric hookup is available, use the line in the bathroom along with an inexpensive umbrella type hanger, close the shower door, open the vent, and turn on our small ceramic space heater (on a step-stool to keep it away from moisture). Works like a charm!
FranM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Jackson , New Jersey
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your ideas. I really appreciate them! Great suggestions & I got a few laughs too. I think I can do a few of these things combined. Funny, the first thing I thought when reading the quick dry towel suggestions was, I'm in but I bet my husband will complain about it.
NatureGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member
2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
i really like the turkish towels from Cacala on Amazon

They are pricy but have worked great for us in the 3years we have used them

They can be used as light coverups too

I get the largest ones

the are high quality woven cotton, thin, and dry very quickly. they store in a very small space

i like them so much that i am replacing our home towels
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #28
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
An extending rod for hanging clothing in your car works well strung across, with each end in a lower cabinet...I hang damp things on hangers this way when I do laundry, and the rod takes up little storage space.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote